Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Baby P

Posted: 06 Jan 2009 09:44 PM   Ignore ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  696
Joined  06 Dec 2008

What do you others think about Sharon Shoesmith ,head of Harringey social services during baby P’s time. How does she have the nerve to appeal against her dismissmal after all that poor little chap went through when she was in charge

Posted: 07 Jan 2009 12:07 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3310
Joined  05 Sep 2008

I think it,s horrendous Lavonne. I don,t know how that woman can sleep at night. Her department failed that little boy dismally and all she can think about is money??!!

IMO she shouldn,t get a penny and if she does I hope it chokes her.  mad

Posted: 09 Jan 2009 08:15 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  01 Oct 2008

i dont think it is as cut and dried as this, she was head of the department and it is expected that heads of such organisations lead the strategy and budget planning stuff .

lower down i would imagine that each case social work also had a manager? usually cascades and like i said managers at this womans level dont micro manage each department its not their job to do so?

now what really should be looked at is the social worker who visited baby p and the social workers line manager?

the other thing that should be looked at is the government, the funding to social services etc.

I hope that those who are concerned with this case dont just use sharon as a ‘scapegoat’? sort of ‘look what we’ve done , we’ve sacked the woman in charge?

there is a whole host of errors here, a whole load of training issues? political correctness? i.e why if the worker had wiped the chocolate off baby p’s face and seen the state of him ? she/he probably would have been sued for assault?

dont make one person in the whole of this case be the one you attack, although she does of course have blame in the whole sorry saga, look at the bigger picture, we should be calling for a public investigation, not by government ministers but by someone totally independant that will look and publish the true facts

rest in peace baby boy xxx

Posted: 09 Jan 2009 08:27 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3310
Joined  05 Sep 2008

Your right Cath. Don,t just make that shoesmith woman the scapegoat, sack the bloody lot of em. Every single one. I don,t know how any of them can sleep at night.  mad

Whenever anything like this happens it,s the same old story isn,t it? “Lessons will be learnt” and are they? They should all hang their heads in shame.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: The Economic ’Crisis’     Next Topic: Drunk driver ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles