Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Page 1 of 6.     Go to page:

Do you use Twitter?

Posted: 13 Mar 2009 05:55 PM   Ignore ]  
Community Manager
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2195
Joined  16 Jul 2008

Hi

I just thought I would throw this idea out to the community.

Are you familiar with Twitter? It’s basically a ‘micro-blogging’ site, where you provide updates on what you are doing or thinking in less than 140 characters. It sounds a little odd (and maybe like a waste of time), but for networking and gaining knowledge it’s a great tool.

I recently started a Twitter account for Female Forum and would like to know if anyone would be interested in taking control of the account on a revolving basis? My idea is each week or so, one member ‘gets the keys’ to our twitter account. They can then share their thoughts, follow new people and strengthen our presence there. When their week is up, someone else gets their turn.

So - what do you think? Who would be up for this?

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 12:08 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1438
Joined  29 Oct 2008

I opened up an account about 2 years ago and forgot about it, rembered 2 weeks ago about the account but since done nothing will post my account when I get round too it, feeling sligthly lazy at the moment.

Loving your idea on one member gets the key

Posted: 15 Mar 2009 10:29 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  13 Dec 2008

I use twitter although Im no addict, I probably log on 3/4 tims a week. I think its a great idea smile

Posted: 09 Apr 2009 12:11 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1213
Joined  29 Nov 2008

I’m a bit of a dough brain - I’ve checked twitter out but can’t comprehend the workings of it. I think it’s a great idea and I’d be happy to be up for it - just don’t know if I’d get the hang of it! Like I don’t understand when I look at it, why there is a list of seemingly small parts of many different conversations and not understanding how you enter into the conversation or even if you’re meant to. I’m showing my age here I guess LOL

ohh

Posted: 09 Apr 2009 08:12 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3308
Joined  05 Sep 2008

Errrrrrrr well I guess I,m showing my old age too there CB. I’ve just had a look and I’m blowed if it makes sense to me. I reckon you and me should set up the “doddery old duffers club” LOL  LOL 

Posted: 09 Apr 2009 08:53 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  29 Nov 2008

LOL Souxi!! Good to know I’m not the only one!!!

Yeps let’s do a doddery old duffers club - funny thing is prolly not many will have a clue what we’re on about LOL…
LOL  tongue rolleye

Posted: 09 Apr 2009 09:22 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  568
Joined  13 Oct 2008

I’m pretty much addicted to it! I think pretty much everyone I know that uses it starts off with the view “I don’t get this” - I did, I couldn’t really see the point, but I had to teach people about it at work (really!) so I needed to familiarise myself with it, so I got an account, started following a few people and got hooked.

I use Facebook and Twitter in completely different ways - Facebook for me is for keeping in touch with people I actually know - I don’t add people who I don’t know in real life. Twitter on the other hand I use to talk to people I don’t know - in my case this is largely web designers. The thing to remember about Twitter is that a lot of people have set up views that show them all tweets by every user with a particular word in. I do web design using a language called coldfusion - I found that after posting something about coldfusion, loads of people started following me because they’d seen my tweet this way, when I visited their profiles I found that they were posting useful things so I started following them back. What you start noticing is that people reply to each other (posts with @username are replies), and if you follow both people then yes, you see the whole conversation.

I suggest if you’re not sure, to get an account and post a few updates. Maybe search for a few famous people you’re interested in - a growing number of celebs, musicians, writers, politicians etc have twitter accounts, add some news feeds (I have web magazines such as .net, new scientist etc) and suddenly you’ll find you’re hooked grin

Oh, nearly forgot: top tip for finding interesting people: use this URL http://search.twitter.com/search?q=femaleforum and replace femaleforum with whatever you’re interested in to see everyones tweets on that subject

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 01:42 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  29 Nov 2008

ah… this is really useful and informative mookie! Thank you so much for sharing that!

I will take another look at it now in new light as you’ve helped me understand how it works so much better. Thank you!!!

smile

Posted: 01 May 2009 10:51 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  21 Apr 2009

I don’t use twitter.. I wasn’t really a huge fan of it when it first [URL=“http://www.hitflip.de/games/”][COLOR=black]arrived[/COLOR][/URL] on the scene, but now I think it’s so popular, that I ought to have a go at it. I wasn’t keen on the idea of everyone knowing what you’re doing.. it’s an invasion of privacy!! But I guess it’s individual opinion and people can decide what they write. Apparently there were rumors about Google thinking of buying twitter - I think they denied it though, but watch this space!

Posted: 07 Jun 2009 10:02 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  838
Joined  21 Apr 2009

I think using Twitter to expand Female Forum would be great. I would definitely be up for the ‘key’ idea. I think it will help the presence of the Forum definitely. Maybe we can have a sign-up sheet of who would like to be potential key holders.

Posted: 08 Jun 2009 08:05 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  568
Joined  13 Oct 2008

I’d be happy to take a turn as well.

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 11:44 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  29 Nov 2008

I’ve been taking a good look around Twitter and its an amazingly useful tool! I think I like it hahaha.

Posted: 17 Jun 2009 09:55 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  21 Apr 2009

Isn’t it great Chatterbox? It makes celebrities look ‘human’! lol. I think its incredible and I’ve been advertising Female forum on my twitter smile. I don’t have many followers yet, but…its a start smile

Posted: 18 Jun 2009 10:33 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  29 Nov 2008

Yeps it is Flutterby! I saw your (RT?) for female forum when I did a google search LOL. I couldn’t figure out though how to go any further LMAO. But I’m getting there. If I can find you again I will follow you hehehe…  tongue rolleye

Can anyone explain how you do the retweet thing. BASIC, basic, basic…. My understanding is that you simply put RT@FemaleForum ??? But umm… where do I do that…In my what am I doing box? AND my understanding is that it will show up on my tweet page like Flutterby’s?

red face  question

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 03:05 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  29 Nov 2008

ok well I’ve signed up and I’m now following the forum and you Flutterby. Well I think its you anyhoo? LOL

It was awesome to see a few people I know are followers of the forum!

It seems you can’t find people by their nickname… is that correct? 

rolleyes

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 09:47 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  21 Apr 2009

Well Chatterbox, I’m not sure about any of those! LOL I know if you want to follow someone, you search their name (ie: Flutterby) at the top right where it says ‘find people’. Then you just type what you are doing in the box on your home page (i think that is where it is.). But. I’m warning you, you might get a few strange followers that are quite…umm…lets say ‘revealing’ LOL You can just block them if you want! lol

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 1 of 6.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Suggestion List     Next Topic: Interviews! ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles