Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:

How do you unwind?

Posted: 04 May 2010 05:12 AM   Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  22 Apr 2010

After a busy day or a hectic work week, how do you unwind? I’ve read so many blog posts on de-stressing these past weeks but I wanted to know what everyone’s favorite activities are. I have a long list, but currently here’s my top three: yoga, shopping and spending time with girlfriends.  grin

Posted: 04 May 2010 07:44 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

Vegging out with a glass of wine and a nice film..
Going for a drive and singing my lungs out..Im a star in an old car..
Or taking a long and preferably early morning walk with the dogs seeing the world around me wake up, it all feels so peaceful and innocent in the early morning light.

Posted: 04 May 2010 04:26 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  21 Apr 2010

I don’t intend to blow my our trumpet - but I don’t think I’ve ever had to face a ‘stressful’ day @ work (YET).  I’ve had the odd day where I get peed off for having a Boss who is an absolute idiot - but like most things, I get over it.
But if I happen to have a groggy day, I find it best unloading to one of my cloest friends, either by phone, text or email.  Also, I’ve found recently from my new fitness regieme, that jogging and blasting my ipod up in the woods is a good cure.
Also, writing budget sheets for months to come, writing bits in my blog and shutting myself away.

Posted: 05 May 2010 02:58 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Joined  22 Apr 2010

Jess: Wow, lucky you! You’re one of the very few people I know who has not had a stressful day at work! I guess it’s all about attitude, huh?  It really is great to unload to friends—mine keep me sane. smile Jogging with your iPod is very therapeutic too. smile

Cassie: Early morning walks—love them too! As for singing, I do that in my room or while taking a shower. haha a movie is always a stress-buster, but not good for my body—I tend to much on a lot of things while watching!

Posted: 05 May 2010 03:52 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Shy
Total Posts:  4
Joined  05 May 2010

I like to read a good book or watch a movie.If it a real bad day I take a long walk.
Family outings is a good way to enjoy yourself after a stressful week.

Posted: 05 May 2010 08:37 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  20 Jul 2009

I’m with you Busymum84, nothing like a really good book, preferrably a comedy film, and blowing the cobwebs away outside is the best medicine.  Welcome to the forum by the way!

Posted: 06 May 2010 02:24 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Joined  22 Apr 2010

Thanks for the warm welcome oldgirl! (what’s your name?)

I love curling up with a good book too Busymum. Sometimes after a long day I really look forward to a funny movie. Laughing really is good for us! For calm, yoga works best for me. Are any of you into it too?

Here’s a new thing I do to relax—I try homemade beauty recipes! Aside from selling shirts, we also try to help women live greener and happier! I’ve been writing about homemade recipes in our blog and it’s been fun trying them out! smile

Posted: 07 May 2010 12:38 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  06 May 2010

Here is a tip….

When I was back home, my brother had a punching bag. Its gud for unwinding..if ur worked up or angry at someone…..I go the room close the door….put the music take the glows…and then it feels so gud, and the next day u feel fresh again.(How i miss that punching bag)

Or when its a tiring day from work, i listen to some smooth music, put up my legs on the table and then read…its the best if u have coffee and something to eat the better :D

Posted: 07 May 2010 04:20 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  21 Apr 2010

shopping, long walk, cooking these 3 seem 2 work the best 4 me…

Posted: 11 May 2010 01:21 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRank
Joined  22 Apr 2010

Reena and Precious:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I love the punching bag idea…only I don’t have one. lol I’m sure it’s a great way to release stress and tension. Or, if you’re pissed at someone, you can take it out on the bag. haha

i love listening to some smooth music too, sometimes when I feel very active I even dance around! haha Coffee is best for me when shared with friends. wink

Shopping is a great way to unwind too Precious…how about checking out our organic tees? (shameless plugging, I know. lol) But seriously, let me know what you think of our tees, or our website or blog. smile

Thanks ladies!

Posted: 16 May 2010 08:18 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  16 May 2010

Although I believe in stuffing myself with comfort food, it’s an unhealthy way to release stress.
I blast Linkin Park if it’s really a rough day and I scream along to it. I do this in a private area, of course. I’m like you, cassandra!

Still, I’d love a something warm to the tummy and a hilarious show on TV to laugh about. Let’s face it, there are gonna be hard days at work any day. We just have to learn to be happy and live on with a new day tomorrow.

Posted: 18 May 2010 11:13 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRank
Joined  22 Apr 2010

Overeating is definitely an unhealthy way to release stress, but I think a little indulgence wouldn’t hurt at times. (think your favorite cake or ice cream!) smile

Music can really soothe the soul too—whether you wanna scream with Linkin Park or dance to Lady Gaga. lol

Just like you, nothing beats a good laugh over a movie for me too. The hard days at work are inevitable, but yes, I totally agree with you about being happy and moving on. smile

Posted: 19 May 2010 02:13 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  632
Joined  01 Nov 2009

Watching Dinnerladies - the sitcom with Victoria Wood. I have seen it so many times and it’s just something I can watch and just laugh at smile

My boyfriend is great at knowing when something is bugging me and will always ask and listen smile My friends are awesome too smile

A hot bath is brilliant as well, Lush do the most amazing bath melts that are so decadent and lovely! smile

Posted: 20 May 2010 07:39 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  09 Sep 2009
KT1989 - 19 May 2010 06:13 PM

Watching Dinnerladies - the sitcom with Victoria Wood. I have seen it so many times and it’s just something I can watch and just laugh at smile

My boyfriend is great at knowing when something is bugging me and will always ask and listen smile My friends are awesome too smile

A hot bath is brilliant as well, Lush do the most amazing bath melts that are so decadent and lovely! smile

Yeah, the hot tub does the trick! I’d put on a mask if I weren’t so lazy and a cucumber for each eye too.Haha…

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 02:57 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  14 Jun 2010

Unfortunately, in my line of work there are days when I deal with some VERY aggravating people (be it students, faculty, or even parents). I try my best not to take it personally, but there are just some days when it really gets to me.

If I have the opportunity to, I try to get away from the city at least once a month. I don’t have much money, but I will try to visit my parents, go to the cottage, or even spend a weekend in another city with a friend. I find just getting out of a routine and into an unfamiliar environment helps me bring things into perspective.

Unfortunately, I don’t always have the luxury of getting away, so if I’m having a rough day, I will often come home and read a good book, watch some TV, cuddle up with my boyfriend, take a bath with candles (although that’s been less lately due to the warm weather), go for a walk, meet up for a drink with a friend, or go to the gym. I find breaking a sweat at the gym really goes a long way in curing a rough day smile

There are some days though, where pigging out on comfort food is really the only thing that cures it. Thankfully, it doesn’t happen very often :p

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 11:48 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  20 Jul 2009

I’ve just got back into swimming, and it really helps me to feel better.  If I go for too many days without a good swim, I really miss it.  I think you have the right idea about giving yourself a complete break whenever possible, or finding a small treat if going away isn’t practical.  I’ve had a really difficult few years, and have come to the conclusion that spoiling myself occasionally helps keep me sane.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: it made me more than mad, how about you?     Next Topic: The OCD Office Manager... ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles