Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:

Women should take over the running of ‘TOP” Jobs…

Posted: 05 Jun 2011 07:42 AM   Ignore ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7521
Joined  27 Mar 2011

How different would this world be if women “Ruled our World”!

Don’t you think we, as opposed to men, would make more effort bringing about real change, promote basic human values, human compassion, human affection.

Could we make this world a better place?... lets face it men have been ruling the world for thousands of years and ‘mucked’ it up.

What would you do question

Posted: 05 Jun 2011 06:59 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Manager
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2186
Joined  16 Jul 2008

We could look to Margaret Thatcher for a clue, or perhaps Hilary Clinton - does gender affect your ability to lead?

Posted: 05 Jun 2011 08:59 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011
Martin - 05 Jun 2011 10:59 PM

does gender affect your ability to lead?

Ummmmm….. not necessarily Martin - perhaps merely a case of “I have a dream…...” to see a day when politics is feminised - when female values move into the public sphere in a way we haven’t quite done yet!

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 07:57 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

I would say Maggie Thatcher although hated was one of the strongest leaders the UK ever had, then there is Godlie Meyher. Idra Ghandi (excuse spelling on those 2) then Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin all strong women who by the type of attacks they get prove how scared the male politicians are of them getting into power. In business if you look at the finance industry women are now in 72% of the top jobs. So I would say the only reason women are not more in power is due to fear.

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 08:07 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

I don’t think the women who get top jobs represent women at all.

They have to compete in a male dominated world they have to share that drive and lust they have to adapt to fit in to the male dominated world they are entering so I think they do not truly represent the female values.

Most female attributes are seen as weakness ... bearing children and caring for them, our emotional soft side empathy and sympathy are all ridiculed as touchy feely huggy stuff…

To succeed at the top women have to leave these qualities behind..

Its a shame because those are the qualities that make us who we are and what we are and until those things are placed ahead of money and profit nothing will change even if there is a woman at the helm.

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 12:10 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Ja, the Iron Lady was she not referred as - though many may have disliked her I think many respected her too.  I think its because women are precisely different to men that we would do a better job - are we not better listeners, communicators, problem solving skills to name but a few. It is surprising to note that more and more men are in fact calling for women to hold leadership roles…

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 08:06 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Community Manager
Joined  16 Jul 2008

Do you think there are fewer women in ‘top jobs’ because of the environment in which women have to compete, or because many women are more interested in raising a child/family rather than pursuing a career?

Posted: 07 Jun 2011 04:08 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Its still pretty much a ‘mans world - men still rule’. I also think its harder for women to compete because of the pressure to combine child care, family commitments (unlike men who appear more comfortable putting work before personal) ‘top jobs’ are all consuming - 24-hour-a-day ... you got to give it your life and this for most women is a challenge!

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 09:27 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  23 Jun 2011

Women have come a long way’s since the 1920’s. More woman graduated from college last year vs.men.
I firmly believe if we were in charge! We would settle most of our disagreement over tea! Being from the U.S. i was hoping Hillary Clinton would of won..

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 09:29 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

I was hoping Hillary would too…. what do you think of Palin Sandy!!!

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 10:15 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  23 Jun 2011

Although,I would still vote for her! Sarah Palin isn’t as knowledgeable in demestic and foreign policy.
Hillary Clinton has many more years of experience and would make a great president.

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 10:18 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  24 Jul 2009

From what Ive seen Sarah Palin looks like an escapee from the lunatic asylum..

Whats good about her?

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 10:28 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Community Manager
Joined  16 Jul 2008

She can see Russia from her house.

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 05:34 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Haha… Good one Martin wink  well I don’t think it’s as much about what she looks like?... It’s what comes out of that mouth of hers LOL  baffles me the amount of supporters she’s gained!!!!!!!!

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 05:45 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  24 Jul 2009
SocialGirl - 24 Jun 2011 09:34 AM

Haha… Good one Martin wink  well I don’t think it’s as much about what she looks like?... It’s what comes out of that mouth of hers LOL  baffles me the amount of supporters she’s gained!!!!!!!!

yeah , when I said what Ive seen I should really have said what Ive heard ...sound bites on TV where she said something about being a pitbull? and a couple of other very ‘in your face’ non diplomatic and aggressive stances..

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 06:27 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Don’t mind me Cassandra….. sometimes my Afrikaans-ness gets in the way of my English-ness LOL  I think she’s a great tea-party host or even guest…. She can make the most hilarious/ludicrous statements lol

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: The stranger job of your life??     Next Topic: Job hunting.. ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles