Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

My new job. . Homemaker!

Posted: 21 Jun 2011 03:33 PM   Ignore ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  03 Apr 2011

Started a new career ladies, gave up the corporate ladder, exec meetings, and business suits to work in the moral support department of my husband. . .  And I’ve never been happier. At first I will admit it was a tough transition but I’m now busier than I’ve ever been but now I’m busy with things I love. Things like keeping my new home, volunteering in the community, helping my family, getting prepared to have a baby, maybe in the next year. . .!!!

I never realized what a blessing being a homemaker is and how it makes you feel so worthwhile. I know it’s not for everyone, but I love it! I am also blessed to be able to do this as well, I realize in today’s time it certainly is a luxury. But I’m not waisting one minute of it!

Any advice on how to set up life as a new homemaker in terms of cooking, laundry, exercise, etc.. ?

Posted: 21 Jun 2011 05:09 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7577
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Thats wonderful Newbride…. and I’m sure you will and/or have done a sterling job in keeping the ‘home fires’ burning; I would say your hubby is most certainly blessed in having someone like you who is so enthusiastic about being a home maker. I am and have been a career girl mostly…. gave up for awhile when my daughter was born, but then still operated partly from home. We were blessed (sometimes I wonder if in fact it was a blessing) by being handed down a family business so as a result didn’t have much choice in the matter lol

Posted: 21 Jun 2011 07:13 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Manager
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2186
Joined  16 Jul 2008

Sounds exciting! What made you decide to give up the corporate ladder? Fed up with the rat race, or was this primarily so you could have children? Either way, enjoy!

Posted: 21 Jun 2011 09:31 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Joined  03 Apr 2011

Hi Martin! To be honest I worked my executive job to make money mainly to pay off my college education. After 3 years at the age of 25 I was making more money than my dad whose been in the work force over 40 years as a professional. I thought I had made it and was on may way even higher. The down side to this was working 60+ hours a week, traveling away from home all the time,  working most weekends, discovering my only “friends” were people I worked with, having to play hard ball with colleagues to stay on top, Never doing anything else but work. And my reward. . . Money. I was proud that I could take care of myself by providing such an income on my own but my life was sacrificed for it which was fine until I met my husband a year an half ago. To say I didn’t see him coming in my future is an understatement. However everything started to change as we fell in love. What I wanted changed, what I wanted my future to look like changed. I suddenly started to desire children and a family as did my now husband. But something had to give because there is no way I personally could have my career and family too. I’m sure there are women who can make it work, but I’m not one of them. So I decided on my own before we were even engaged that this what I wanted for me whether it was with my now husband or someone else. It’s also important to add my husband is very established in his career and well off which made this decision a reality so quickly. Do I feel like I’ve loss my independence? No way, my husband and I certainly have maintained a well balanced life. My “job” now looks a lot different. My husband runs several buisnesses and I get to support him in these endeavors in many ways. But I haven’t been happier since I can remember, probably because in a way I’m living to serve others outside of myself instead if my pursuit of monetary security. It makes me the happiest woman in the world. grin. Sorry for the long response,  but I felt inspired!

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 08:03 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

Newbride25, Well done and I can see where you are coming from, if by your support your husbands buisnesses prosper and he can also spend more time with the family then I would say you have found the perfect balance, it also means you can with ease do something you enjoy from home if you want without need to worry about making enough, well done.

Posted: 22 Jun 2011 08:08 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

Before we got married my husband said he didnt want me to work outside the home while our children were little (under 10) His mother had had to work and he remembered being left home alone even when sick, he was so small he had to push a chair to the kitchen sink so he could reach the tap for some water.

It left a huge impression on him.. So when our childen came along I stayed home, I did help him do the accounts for his business but much to my surprise I enjoyed being a stay at home mum.
My children had allergies and I had to learn to cook around that but it was fun ..Teaching children new tasks taking them out its all a big adventure and such fun.

Im sure that if you stay home with your children you will enjoy seeing them grow up and they will love you for being there for them…

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 11:27 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Joined  03 Apr 2011

thank you ladycaz, yes i hope i can help him to succeed! we already do a lot together in the community and have lots of fun doing it too! I just sogned up to volunteer at a family counseling office to help them kinda run their office and help set up clients. My father in law sponsors this organization and my father is a counselor there, so its neat to jump in and help.

currently i’m battling the mound of dirty laundry we accumulated from our honeymoon…oh dear. haha

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 11:29 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Joined  03 Apr 2011

cassie, both of my husband and i were fortunante to have stay at home moms most of our growing up life so it felt natural to “set-up” life that way.

what a good mom and wife to meet your families needs, im sure your a wonderful wife and mom!

Oh and i cant wait to have kids. I already love them so much and their not even born yet because i know their coming someday! lol

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 04:52 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  19 Jun 2011

Hi Newbride! I was a stay at home mom until my kids went to school full time. I loved taking care of things at home and some volunteering as well. I also worked from home (needed the extra money) doing telemarketing and babysitting other kids. It can be very rewarding and fulfilling and makes for a nice place for hubby to come home to. smile Good luck and I think your management skills will come in handy. Being a housewife requires skills!

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 04:54 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  19 Jun 2011

p.s. I borrowed your quote. wink

Posted: 28 Jul 2011 04:06 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Shy
Total Posts:  4
Joined  28 Jul 2011

Hi Newbride!! I am newly married and want some advice and guidance from you in turns of running the family. am 2yrs experienced web designer, quit my hi paying job recently, not sure I did the right thing or not. am confused basicaly.

Posted: 29 Jul 2011 07:24 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Joined  03 Apr 2011

Hello happiness. I’d be glad to offer any advice I have learned myself. To start, why did you leave your job? Do you and your husband have kids-pregnant? And what are some things your struggling with?

Posted: 23 Aug 2011 11:06 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  23 Aug 2011

I also am a house wife and i love it smile
i love taking care of my husband and our beautifull home smile

Posted: 23 Aug 2011 11:40 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  19 Jun 2011

I can imagine the satisfaction it gives you. smile

Posted: 03 Oct 2011 10:52 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  26 Sep 2011
Newbride26 - 21 Jun 2011 09:31 PM

Hi Martin! To be honest I worked my executive job to make money mainly to pay off my college education. After 3 years at the age of 25 I was making more money than my dad whose been in the work force over 40 years as a professional. I thought I had made it and was on may way even higher. The down side to this was working 60+ hours a week, traveling away from home all the time,  working most weekends, discovering my only “friends” were people I worked with, having to play hard ball with colleagues to stay on top, Never doing anything else but work. And my reward. . . Money. I was proud that I could take care of myself by providing such an income on my own but my life was sacrificed for it which was fine until I met my husband a year an half ago. To say I didn’t see him coming in my future is an understatement. However everything started to change as we fell in love. What I wanted changed, what I wanted my future to look like changed. I suddenly started to desire children and a family as did my now husband. But something had to give because there is no way I personally could have my career and family too. I’m sure there are women who can make it work, but I’m not one of them. So I decided on my own before we were even engaged that this what I wanted for me whether it was with my now husband or someone else. It’s also important to add my husband is very established in his career and well off which made this decision a reality so quickly. Do I feel like I’ve loss my independence? No way, my husband and I certainly have maintained a well balanced life. My “job” now looks a lot different. My husband runs several buisnesses and I get to support him in these endeavors in many ways. But I haven’t been happier since I can remember, probably because in a way I’m living to serve others outside of myself instead if my pursuit of monetary security. It makes me the happiest woman in the world. grin. Sorry for the long response,  but I felt inspired!

What a lovely story. Very inspiring to think we women can still be housewives and happy.

The whole feminism thing seems to have turned everything on its head, where we’re now looked down upon if we don’t want a career and to try and ‘have it all’.

When surely ‘having it all’ is simply being truly happy?

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 11:34 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  17 Oct 2011

Wow! It feels great to find someone who really enjoys the role of a housewife or better said “a homemaker”. I can never imagine myself to be someone like that. I am more of a work person than home maker person.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Job hunting..     Next Topic: Frustrated ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles