Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

UK Ban on (Wild) Circus Animals….

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 09:38 PM   Ignore ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7275
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Caught the tail-end but what I gleaned is that MPs have passed a banning on wild animals performing in circus - should take effect by 2012…. this is great news… lets hope other countries will follow suit sooner rather than later!

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 10:15 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

Heres the BBC link to the story…It isnt a law thats been passed just a motion which hopefully will lead to a law being passed by next July…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13884165

We can only hope..

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 05:04 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

thanks Cassandra…. Step in the right direction ja!

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 07:50 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

I for the life of me cannot see how anyone can cage such a neautiful creature as a tiger never mind any other animal, besides I bet I can train men to do better tricks hehehehe.

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 08:25 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

The latter i can only but hazard that you are spot on there LadyCaz… LOL

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 08:26 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  696
Joined  06 Dec 2008

We dont want or need animals in circuses any more, these used to be the only chance for ordinary people to see a wild animal, but now we have Safari parks we can visit & Zoos are becoming more amimal caring these days

Posted: 24 Jun 2011 09:01 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Absolutely Levonne…. We took the kids to Cirque Du Soleil last year…. They do NOT use animals at all…. Features dancers and acrobats….. Absolutely stunning… The kids, let alone the adults, were enthralled…. And the kids did.nt even ask why there were no animals performing!!!!!  so ja, no need for animals anymore. By the way if you girls get the opportunity to see this show, don’t think twice…. It’s worth every cent…... Two hours of spectacular performance.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: CARE FOR ELDERLY /INFIRM     Next Topic: Car driver refused to move his car for air ambulance ››

chat with singles