Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:

DIY..

Posted: 19 Aug 2011 05:27 PM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

Just thinking about DIY ..Kamille has been painting her fence and Ive done mine (with help)..
But what other DIY jobs do you ladies do around the house?

I can do a fair few things in and around the house incl changing light fittings, waste traps on sinks, fliters on washing machines, painting, and other odd things..

Today we were trying to get the last few bits finished so that we can go out tomorrow and my very annoying neighbour( I liked her better when we didnt talk) kept popping round to ask OH this or that..It seems she unable to do anything if theres a man around who might do it for her..

She sawed the end of a bolt off with a hacksaw and then picked up the end and burnt her finger! Silly woman..

So do any of you do DIY or do you find ’ a man who can ‘?
Have you ever started something and then dearly wished you hadnt? Ive got things apart before now and then realised I havent got a clue how to put them back together, it once resulted in flooding the kitchen!

Whats your best and worst DIY job?

Posted: 22 Aug 2011 09:40 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  16 Aug 2011

Best DIY job erm…fitting a shower head to the wall. Worst..erm..dunno. The men I know are useless at DIY. Give them a computer problem and they’re pro! I try to do things myself if I can.

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 02:27 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  31 Jul 2011

Can do anything with computers but would probably need a plumber to fix anthing else. :p

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 04:40 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  19 Jun 2011

Well, let’s see…when my kids were young I painted (a lot). Walls that is and went so far as to paint zig zag blue and green stripes around my boys walls and then decided that each element of the radiator should match the stripes! lol It was fun and tedious since I was using a small art brush for detail.  Trimming hedges with a hand clipper, mowing the lawn with a push mower. No plumming or anything like that though.

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 12:44 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7194
Joined  27 Mar 2011

I’ve used a “Rent a Husband” for more years than I care to remember…. he is an absolute God-send - from fitting a light bulb to interior/exterior house maintenance, garden maintenance, landscaping, plumbing, electrical…... you name it, he does it… LOL on more than one occasion he has changed a flat tyre, jumped started my car… to even taking the doggies to the parlour and my helper to the doctor… so no, I don’t do DIY or Franco for that matter lol smile

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 10:13 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  24 Jul 2009

’ I don’t do DIY or Franco for that matter lol’

Im sure it must just be my dirty mind thats twisting that sentence!;-P

Stripy radiators ... I hate painting them at the best of times ..I normally get OH to take them off and spray them..

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 05:55 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

Not too bad here I have a few willing helpers to do jobs so it saves Jim now he can’t do as much.

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 06:08 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011
cassandra - 22 Sep 2011 10:13 PM

’ I don’t do DIY or Franco for that matter lol’

Im sure it must just be my dirty mind thats twisting that sentence!;-P

Stripy radiators ... I hate painting them at the best of times ..I normally get OH to take them off and spray them..

BLINK…..... LOL Ummmm ...... zipper

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 06:12 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  01 Aug 2010

hehehe yeh I also saw that as you don’t do poor Franco

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 12:16 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Left myself wide-open there:lol: - great minds thin alike then LadyCaz….

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 12:36 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  24 Jul 2009
SocialGirl - 23 Sep 2011 12:16 PM

Left myself wide-open there:lol: - great minds thin alike then LadyCaz….

Not great minds just filthy ones LOL

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 05:01 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  19 Jun 2011

Rent A Husband…Hmmm, now why haven’t I thought of this!! If the price is right, I may just have to think about this…there are things that I need done that I have been putting off for too long. Maybe I could rent a middle age man (good looking of course) who happens to be single and available….OK, just dreaming a bit here…back to reality. Great suggestion though, really!

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 05:58 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  24 Jul 2009

@ myturn….Not such a silly idea ...I dont know if there is such a thing where you live but here there is a 50+ odd job van ...
They dont do major building works just the normal odd household jobs…fit a door, change a light fitting ,decorating, put in a new sink ect no new roof or garage extention..

All the people who work on the 50+ project are trained but 50+ years old so they have offten had to leave full time building work. They get part support from the government and the rest from the jobs they do…Its cheaper than a normal builder..but maybe silghtly slower due to creaky knees!

Maybe worth looking around to see if theres some similar project in your town??

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 06:20 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011
myturn - 25 Sep 2011 05:01 AM

Maybe I could rent a middle age man (good looking of course) who happens to be single and available….OK, just dreaming a bit here…back to reality. Great suggestion though, really!

LOL LOL myturn….. keep dreaming girlie - you neva know unless you give it a go cool smirk Hey we could be planning yet another cyber celebration (hehe). Seriously, its a great concept…... very popular here and worth every penny!

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 02:11 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  01 Aug 2010

mmmm I’ve had an idea

Posted: 26 Sep 2011 02:52 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  19 Jun 2011

I haven’t checked in to it yet, but I believe we have rent a anything here…even grammas! But I can almost guarantee that the government is not putting out one penny. They wouldn’t want to waste money on that because they need their $16.00 muffins. lol I rent, so most any big inside job is taken care of, but sometimes I may need something moved out of my garage or ...Ill have to think of something, right? hehe

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Feng Shui!     Next Topic: Mountain Biking ››

chat with singles