Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

am I a bad mom (why???really, why??)+ is my 3 years old gifted?

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 01:16 PM   Ignore ]  
Shy
Total Posts:  1
Joined  22 Sep 2011

So I got preggo by mistake at 15 and now Im the momma of a wonderful, 3 yo, nearly 4 yo amazing little guy.
Like, many kids cant even speak well at age 2, he was already very verbal at 16 months. At 2 he spoke better than some adults lol.
Anyway, I taught him poker when he was 2 years and 6 months old, and now he often win against adults lol…also, me and my boyfriend are in teh same rock band and we taught him many of our songs and we take him with us when we go to concerts…he sometimes sings with us at concerts lol, hes a little rockstar.And a GREAT drummer.
I’m pretty lax and let him whatever he wants as long as it isnt dangerous or disrespectful to people.I’m lucky cause hes pretty laid back and rarely tantrums and he usually listens to me. he also says ‘‘thanx u’’ and ‘‘sorry’’ ‘‘please’’  a lot, so I dont see why people says that Im a bad mom, just because I take him with us to concerts since he was 3 weeks old where there’s adult language (So what???he would learn ‘‘bad’’ words soon or later anyway), because I taught him poker, because Im young, because I named him after an anime character , and because Im lax…whats wrong with that? he loves me and enjoy this stuff
also, do you think that hes gifted? if he is, what should I do to nurture in the best way…his, humm, smartness?

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 04:23 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

so he his happy and he is developed well in that case stuff em you are doing ok

Posted: 22 Sep 2011 06:05 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

your child your decisions…

Of course Id want him to have adequate ear protection at concerts.. 
But if thats your life then whats wrong with that? we took our son to his first motorcycle meet when he was three months old!

I home schooled my eldest for a while and he learned math by playing blackjack for rasins!

If you are happy and he is happy and healthy dont worry..

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 02:55 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1513
Joined  08 May 2010

Yeah I wouldnt worry too much honey, it sounds like you’re doing a great job. You’re firm on the bad subjects (like manners!) and otherwise let him grow the way he would naturally do. My ex-children playing teacher at uni would love you!

And as for gifted, he sounds smart. Like he pays attention and picks up on how to do things. At this point you wouldnt say gifted, give him a few more years before they ship him off to G&T. The only advice I can give you is to follow his interests and keep him interested, it’s the only way to encourage intelligence in children - or adults for that matter. Read stories he finds interesting and teach things, like my da got majorly into telling me greek myths and stories when I was his age (with all the gods, goddesses and spawn intact). Imaginative play is good for high intellect children. I.E. Give him a cardboard box and leave him to it. Before you know it he’ll be off to mars or driving a ferrari or whatever.

Just relax - you’re doing a great job

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Miscarriage     Next Topic: Has anyone had a similar experience? ››

chat with singles