Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

A glimmer of hope

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 06:54 PM   Ignore ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  696
Joined  06 Dec 2008

I know we all laugh at the prophecies of the ’ End of the world is nigh ’ but with all the disasters around the world lately it makes one wonder . However one lovely bit of news on television tonight was that a 2 week old baby had been found alive in the rubble of the Turkey earthquake

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 07:00 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7275
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Oi when I read that on the 31st October there will be 7-billion people on this earth, in 3years time there will be 8-billion - currently 15 percent overpopulated…makes me wonder about all these disasters!!!!!

That was uplifting and subsequently the mum and grand-mother too.

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 04:36 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  19 Jun 2011

Great story! Maybe it’s time to do some excavating on the moon. wink

Posted: 30 Oct 2011 09:51 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  29 Sep 2010

I’m not sure how it works in other countries, but over here so many people sponge off the government and it’s getting out of hand. A lot of younger people have already had children and a lot of them have more than one.. even two! They’re claiming every thing they can get their hands on which means none of them go to work. It’s become a trend now, to have kids as young as possible because it means you’re handed money on a plate.

What I think they’re doing now, is stopping/lowering child benefits and possibly others too, if you refuse to work for over 3 months which I think’s a great idea. It’s about they starting contributing rather than being given the hard-working tax payers money. I reckon it’s going to make people see that it’s not so easy after all. Fingers crossed anyway.. I don’t wanna sink!

Posted: 30 Oct 2011 10:21 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7275
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Here in S.A. the benefits are limited…..  can only claim 4 months maternity. Unemployment you can claim 34 weeks during which period the government will try and line up some job aps.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

chat with singles