{embed="inc/top"} {embed="inc/main_nav"}
{embed="/inc/forum-topbnr"}
{!--

register or login

--> --}

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

A glimmer of hope

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 06:54 PM   Ignore ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  696
Joined  06 Dec 2008

I know we all laugh at the prophecies of the ’ End of the world is nigh ’ but with all the disasters around the world lately it makes one wonder . However one lovely bit of news on television tonight was that a 2 week old baby had been found alive in the rubble of the Turkey earthquake

Posted: 26 Oct 2011 07:00 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8464
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Oi when I read that on the 31st October there will be 7-billion people on this earth, in 3years time there will be 8-billion - currently 15 percent overpopulated…makes me wonder about all these disasters!!!!!

That was uplifting and subsequently the mum and grand-mother too.

{if signature_image AND logged_in}
{/if}
Posted: 27 Oct 2011 04:36 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  19 Jun 2011

Great story! Maybe it’s time to do some excavating on the moon. wink

Posted: 30 Oct 2011 09:51 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  29 Sep 2010

I’m not sure how it works in other countries, but over here so many people sponge off the government and it’s getting out of hand. A lot of younger people have already had children and a lot of them have more than one.. even two! They’re claiming every thing they can get their hands on which means none of them go to work. It’s become a trend now, to have kids as young as possible because it means you’re handed money on a plate.

What I think they’re doing now, is stopping/lowering child benefits and possibly others too, if you refuse to work for over 3 months which I think’s a great idea. It’s about they starting contributing rather than being given the hard-working tax payers money. I reckon it’s going to make people see that it’s not so easy after all. Fingers crossed anyway.. I don’t wanna sink!

Posted: 30 Oct 2011 10:21 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8464
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Here in S.A. the benefits are limited…..  can only claim 4 months maternity. Unemployment you can claim 34 weeks during which period the government will try and line up some job aps.

{if signature_image AND logged_in}
{/if}

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

{embed="inc/forum_sponsors"}
{embed="inc/side_banner"}
{embed="inc/footer"}
{!-- --}