Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Page 2 of 2.     Go to page:

This Morning shows naked male having a testicle examination to highlight testicular cancer

Posted: 04 Nov 2011 07:46 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009
SocialGirl - 04 Nov 2011 07:36 AM

Well apparently it has had the desired effect! However, it amazes me that it takes a show of this nature to generate awareness… is it ignorance or stupidity that “shock” tactics have to be implemented.

I think its the ‘it will never happen to me ’ syndrome..
It was only when a ‘celeb’ by the name of Jane Goody got cervical cancer and died at the age of 27 that a lot of young women in England actually realised it could happen to them and went and got tested….

Posted: 04 Nov 2011 03:56 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7700
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Ja I remember there was a lot of media attention… if I recall correctly wasn’t she on Big Brother! There was a doc on her recently and the “awareness” her death generated.

Posted: 04 Nov 2011 04:55 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3311
Joined  05 Sep 2008

Yes she was on BB and apparently she got told live on air her results. Poor Jade. Whatever anyone thought of her she didn’t deserve that and she loved her boys. She died on mothers day.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 2 of 2.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: A glimmer of hope     Next Topic: M5 crash../firework ban ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles