Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

WARNING

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 11:33 AM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

It seems there is a scam popping up again where you get a call saying they are fro windows help desk, the caller knows your postcode address and name and tries to get you to allow access to your computer remotely to so called fix problems, as you can guess it’s a scam, hang up.

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 06:31 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3189
Joined  08 Jan 2010

Thanks for that warning too Caz, it never stops, it’s almost to the point you don’t dare answer the phone or open an email.

Posted: 25 Nov 2011 01:31 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7570
Joined  27 Mar 2011

I got an email this morning saying that funds had been transferred in my Nedbank account “click here” for details!!!! Ja right!!!!! And trust me someone is going to fall for it - what surprises me don’t people realise that the bank will never send an email in this regard ever (head-shake).

Thanks LC…

Posted: 28 Nov 2011 02:14 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  19 Jun 2011

It’s endless and I usually just laugh thinking “ARE YOU KIDDING ME”... But it’s true, there may be that one vulnerable person out there that will bite…shaking my head here.

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 01:48 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3189
Joined  08 Jan 2010

One of our radio announcers got one of these phone calls and he recorded it on his IPhone, he played it today on the radio. This guy is really funny and he basically had these 2 scammers speechless, the first guy couldn’t handle it so he put his so called supervisor on the phone. They want you to log onto a website which will wipe out your entire hard drive. The end result, they hung up , the scammers got scammed.LOL

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 03:45 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  362
Joined  28 Feb 2011

Thanks a ton, Ms. LadyCaz.  There are so many “scams” going on and for sure you can’t be too careful.

Posted: 29 Nov 2011 03:43 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7570
Joined  27 Mar 2011
kamille - 29 Nov 2011 01:48 AM

, the scammers got scammed.LOL

That should happen more often lol…. these sorts are a Bally pain in the neck.. sick to death of them!!!!!! Here in SA a the biggest culprits are the Nigerians.

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 05:06 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  19 Jun 2011

We get a lot of online scammers from Nigeria and England. I just heard on the news yesterday that a bill is being introduced to end the phone solicitors, or at least try to keep it to a minimum. That would be a nice relief! Someone told me that when a solicitor called multiple times (hate that) that they told the solicitor to hold on a minute and set the phone down and never went back to it. lol

Posted: 30 Nov 2011 05:42 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1272
Joined  29 May 2010

I got this sent to my email but i put unwanted mail into my Junk Box then delete it so this is so a scam.

See for yourselves:

YOU WILL GET 30% AS YOUR BENEFIT
I AM DR. MIKE IBRUNI, THE CHIEF AUDITOR INCHARGE OF FOREIGN REMITTANCE UNIT OF OUR BANK AND I HAVE HAD THE INTENT TO CONTACT YOU OVER THIS TRANSACTION WORTH THE SUM OF ($2.200.000.00Million USD) FOR OUR SUCCESS.I WANT TO USE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO MOVE THE SUM OF $2.2illion OUT FROM MY BANK.

YOU HAVE THE ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY TO CLAIM THE FUND WHICH I KNOW IS POSSIBLE IF YOU LIAISE PROPERLY WITH ME AND GET 30% OF THE TOTAL FUNDS AS YOUR BENEFIT HENCE YOU ARE A FOREIGNER AS SOON AS YOU REPLY, STEP TO FOLLOW IN ORDER TO FINALIZE THIS TRANSACTION IMMEDIATELY WOULD BE DECLEARED TO YOU. I EXPECT YOU’RE URGENT COMMUNICATION ON MY PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS :(.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)).

Sincerely Yours
Dr Mike Ibruni

Posted: 01 Dec 2011 12:05 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

yep LD thats a classic nigerian scam it supprises me people still fall for it mind you some people have managed to con them in return

Posted: 01 Dec 2011 03:46 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1272
Joined  29 May 2010

I have a Junk Box on my Hotmail so scams like this go in there and get wiped asap

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Finally.. hes here     Next Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY... ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles