Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Mental Health

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 04:17 AM   Ignore ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  20 Dec 2011

So, I finally feel strong enough and ready to start facing some of the demons that have plagued me over the years. For many, many years I simply used drugs and alcohol to hide any of the trauma that haunted me. Now that I am sober, it’s all I can do to stop myself from completely breaking down from time to time thinking about the situations I have been in and the raw emotion that I’m forced to actually feel. I am going to my doctor, getting a referral and starting counselling to get closure on the trauma that I have experienced throughout my life.

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 07:07 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

Good for you..

We all have our demons , some big some small and we all use tricks to avoid facing them from time to time.
So never feel you are alone.

Make sure you have a good team to support and listen when you need someone..
Dont expect too much all at once ..baby steps.

But I wish you luck and strength in the journey that lies ahead of you.

The ladies here may not have medical training but we all have our feet on the ground and are willing to lend an ear any time you want to have a rant..

Cass

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 11:21 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

Well done, and please feel free to ask for advice in here several of us have gone through the “dark period” in our lives so have some idea of the feelings. As cass says we have a good range here some care workers, houswives, drivers, hypnotherapist and even other more colourful workers so someone can always help.

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 12:14 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3026
Joined  08 Jan 2010

Yes, good for you KNKT, its a step in the right direction, you need to start looking after yourself. Let us know if we can help.

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 04:36 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Manager
Total Posts:  2155
Joined  16 Jul 2008

That’s great news! Congratulations on your determination for a new beginning, and know that we’re all fully behind you. Good luck, and keep us updated as to your progress smile

Posted: 30 Dec 2011 01:47 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  20 Dec 2011

Thank you! Jason, my boyfriend, is the most tremendous source of support I could have ever asked for. He’s understanding, patient and never shows me anything but the utmost kindness and respect throughout everything we endeavour together. I feel as though sometimes my past hinders our relationship. I have opened up to him about all aspects of my life, but sometimes when I go inside of my own mind, I find myself resorting back to old coping mechanisms that clearly don’t work, such as emotionally shutting down and not opening up about what is bothering me.

Funny thing is, since cleaning up my life a bit, I have actually become a Social Worker. I find it’s often us who are in the helping professions that end up with nowhere to voice OUR problems.

Posted: 30 Dec 2011 12:23 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7276
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Great that you have found the courage, strength and determination girlie…. Jason sounds a wonderful person to have at your side. Good on you girl xox

Posted: 30 Dec 2011 11:08 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  403
Joined  19 Jun 2011

KNKT, how wonderful and courageous! I hear that once sober it is now the reality of what brought you there in the first place is quite a challenge…You will feel things you numbed before. It will hurt, but you will grow! And with such an understanding and loving and devoted bf…How lucky for you. smile Take it one day at a time. Kudos!!!!

Posted: 07 Feb 2012 04:03 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  25 Jan 2012

First of all I want to say Good for you! I am in the therapy processes right now for similar reasons and I know how hard it was to get there. I will tell you its not easy to walk down the road of the past again but when you are done you will come out a better person on the other side. Good luck and keep us posted!:)

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: How can you tell the difference? Please help     Next Topic: Memories ››

chat with singles