Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

An age thing????

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 05:59 AM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

My friend has gone to England for a month and she lent me her wii..
It has the wii fitness and wii zumba so I thought Id give it a go ....

I dont know maybe its an age thing but while I dont mind dancing with my duster when the radio is on or even doing my workout DVD I just cant get into the wii idea…

I dont why, I think maybe it feels too artificial dancing with a cartoon?
Im not a video game player anyway I dont like shooting and running over people which is what they all seem to be about so I wouldnt do any of those..

In any case Im really pleased shes lent it to me it saves me making an expensive purchase only to let the thing rot in a cupboard somewhere..

I know everybody raves about the wii so why? What makes it so great and why cant I get it????

(oh BTW zumba class is great..this is one of my fav numbers..but wii,, noooo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sAq1GK2JL0

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 12:40 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

Oh we used to have the wii and I loved it but the pain was getting the board etc out, now we have gone to the xbox with the konect, this instead tracks your movements and its great, I love going on it

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 11:15 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Manager
Total Posts:  2202
Joined  16 Jul 2008

I love my Wii! That being said, I more often that not play Modern Warfare rather than anything else. That being said, Wii Fit is rather fun but the best workout game I found was EA Sports Active.

I haven’t tried it, but I would imagine the Xbox Kinect is better for workout games since you don’t have to worry about holding a controller. That being said, I’ve heard that Zumba 2 for the Wii is far better than the first one. If you try it, do let me know since my wife is interested in picking up a copy of that.

Posted: 09 Feb 2012 10:35 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  07 Feb 2012

I prefer Xbox Kinect. If you are doing it for fitness, I’d suggest Kinect Adventures (the river rafting part) or Zumba.

Posted: 09 Feb 2012 04:23 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

Ive had a go and im not impressed..
I can do without all the very cheesy encouragement.. I dont think theres enough of a human element in it as you get with DVD or real life classes..

Im glad I tried it though, now I know not to bother buying one! grin

In the meantime Im really enjoying real life zumba class…

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Bucket list for 2012?     Next Topic: Suitable fabric ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles