Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Page 17 of 25.     Go to page:

Shall we try together?

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 08:25 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1842
Joined  08 May 2010

A little fat isnt bad, what you need to remember is that nuts are one of the best snacks you can have. So long as they arent covered in whatever or salt etc. They provide an excellent source of protein, lovely unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats (which your body and skin will adore) and since pistasios are technically nuts, lots of amino acids :D

I know I’m right impressed with myself. Been trying to get in on those exercises I blogged, and eating little bits often during the day means I’m never really hungry so I dont snack :D

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 10:49 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7501
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Rha ks for the info Papillio… after you mentioned about the fat I checked and surprised to read how high the content. These are in the natural.. so no salt, etc added.. I will eat in moderation of course… I love cashews too… prefer the peri peri which is loaded with salt though.. however will abstain from indulging in those lol

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 11:45 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 May 2010

I got my first graze box today (for those outside UK they’re snack boxes but with a mix of stuff that come through the post). I got a herb garden, an apricot torte, pia colada and some green olives and I have to say its v.tasty! Just little portions of relatively healthy foods (I’m on the eatwell plan so most of it is stuff that’s good for you). Definately worth a go if you’re interested :D

Also, big swiss ball came today so I’ll get getting on and doing my exercises :D

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 04:37 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Don’t think we have anything like that here! Sounds good. Well Franco came home feeling grim… appears he could have a tummy bug, so no cooking tonight. I am about to have avocado pear with reduced fat prawn cocktail and if I’m still hungry, perhaps one or two weigh-less crackers and cheese - can you believe I’ve actually gone almost two weeks without cheese - miracles never cease LOL

Posted: 30 Mar 2012 11:19 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  07 Feb 2012

You’ve got more staying power than me SG! I couldn’t bear taking cheese and marshmallows off the menu, so I didn’t! wink

That graze box sounds interesting, I’ve never seen anything like it here either.

Posted: 31 Mar 2012 07:13 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Can’t believe it myself Ellie lol - felt I was eating way too much cheese, so I’m pleased that I have managed to cut back. So can I assume you’ll be eating loads of marshmallow easter eggs haha.

Posted: 01 Apr 2012 12:22 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

“Eat Chocolate and Lose Weight” .....

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/9wR2Hk/:19kpLQPHK:GFQfZVgX/www.zestnow.com/

Posted: 02 Apr 2012 05:29 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 May 2010

https://www.graze.com

Also, I tried my wedding dress on today. It’s only the corset and underdress so far, but when I tried it on she’s had to take it in by at least an inch and a half on each side from my last measurement (done in Feb) :D

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 08:17 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Those snack boxes look scrumptious Papillio.

That is great news and no doubt she’ll be doing a lot more tucking in by the time November rolls in. I am feel great… I have definitely lost… most of my jeans/shorts, etc are fitting like before, so I am chuffed; still not weighed in - may do that before we leave for Ponta; NOW the trick is not to blow it all whilst there. Bought loads of fruit, veg, healthy snacks, dried wors, biltong and so on. My biggest downfall there is the pao… oh boy, these rolls are so divine, moresome when they come out piping hot! Anyhow lets see how i fair lol.

Posted: 03 Apr 2012 08:35 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Our bodies may not be perfect, but we should nonetheless…

Image Attachments  body_quote.jpeg
Posted: 03 Apr 2012 09:59 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 May 2010

on congrats on your jeans!

I measured in today, minus half an inch everywhere except my bust (gained a quarter inch there) which includes the arms and thighs so I’m happy!

Posted: 06 Apr 2012 03:19 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 May 2010

I had to buy a new sports bra since the one I have is too big now. For some reason the one I picked out used clothes sizes as opposed to the normal 36a, 36b malarky but I still bought a size 16 one that fitted nicely smile

Anyone else got something to report in?

Posted: 07 Apr 2012 08:10 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

I’m doing good considering I am surrounded by so much yummy, unhealthy foods lol I have been eating loads of fruit… mainly early morn to break the fast before we go for our walk and after a boiled, poached or scrambled egg with provita. Also liquidising strwbs and mango with a sachets of energy powder which is seeing me thru to lunch without nibbling… have cut back on coff as well and feeling so much better for it!

Posted: 07 Apr 2012 01:53 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 May 2010

Oh I’m glad honey, caffine is so bad for your body! I might have to sub in a protein powder at some point for my muscles cos I’m near permanantly sore!

I might have a try of your energy powder suggestion though, I’ve been sticking to low GI foods as much possible of late but I tend to get snacky again at night.

Nice to see you’re sticking to it though, Easter is such an awkward time of year cos there are so many temptations!!!

Posted: 08 Apr 2012 07:43 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

LOL…. tell me about it… how I have managed to refrain from a choc-frenzy is a miracle in itself hehw.

I came across the Mediterranean Diet which you may find interesting… apparently the basis of this diet contributes to long-life, affordable healthy diet… what you think!

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Health-Benefits-of-the-Mediterranean-Diet.htm

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 17 of 25.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Self-esteem issues     Next Topic: Pharmacy on a Chip ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles