Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Best way to communicate with friends that are far away

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 06:44 PM   Ignore ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  31 Jan 2012

I asked this when I joined this forum but figured I get more and varied answers if I created a thread.
Most of my best friends live in other countries/in different time zones and I find it hard to keep in touch/up to date with what’s going on in their lives. Especially if I want their opinion on stuff, email and Fb inboxes are useful once in a while but what about instant communication? What do you guys use??

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 07:07 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

yahoo and skype i prefer yahoo you can text, voice or video

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 08:25 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7276
Joined  27 Mar 2011

I use skype and instant yahoo messenger.

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 03:26 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Joined  31 Jan 2012

Do you use Skype and Yahoo to communicate on the go? I’m never home and just never seem to find the moment to sit down and use messenger. I’ve been looking for social platforms to communicate with several friends at once - really useful. I’ve found this website called Luluvise (luluvise.com) and wondered if any of you have used it before? I’m figuring out how to use it and it would be helpful if any of you had used it before smile

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 03:28 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  01 Aug 2010

looks a bit naff or a scam so I will give it a miss

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 04:00 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Never used it on the go, but I don’t see why you can’t via your laptop or iPad (if I’m understanding yr question correctly)

Never heard of that site….

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 04:56 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Joined  31 Jan 2012

LadyCaz, I thought the same at the beginning but I’ve had a look at their blog and Fb page and they seem to be all over the press. The website itself works well/easily. Have you had a chance to look at it yet, SocialGirl?

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 05:03 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

No girlie not as yet but will do so… thanks:)

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 05:53 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  01 Aug 2010

The problem is you have to use facebook to sign in therefore give a lot of details you may not want to like your close contacts and family, why would they want this you should ask, no this is an easy way to get personal details of your family and friends I would guess for some marketing scam or similar, if that site was genuine they would give you a private way to register without using your facebook details, classic scam to get details to then spam you and your family and friends with ads.

Posted: 22 Feb 2012 12:11 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Joined  31 Jan 2012

I see what you mean now. A lot of genuine apps use Fb to access personal info though… I always look at what they’re requesting before accepting. This one only asked to access basic info from my Fb so I’m guessing I won’t get spammed! So far so good! smile

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

chat with singles