Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:

Davy Jones

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:02 PM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2933
Joined  08 Jan 2010

Just read Davy Jones of the Monkees passed away today of a heart attack, he was 66

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:06 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7194
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Ja, I saw that… gosh, relatively young too. I used to love them… are the others still alive would you know Kam? I’m trying to remember some of their songs…. complete blank lol

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:13 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 Jan 2010

I think the rest of them are still alive SG. The only song that comes to mind is Hey,Hey We’re the Monkees:-)  they certainly paved the way for alot of groups though.

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:17 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

They sure did… did they sing Monday Monday perhaps - I’m going to have to check it out - will plague me all night lol

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:21 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 Jan 2010

I think Monday Monday was the Mamas and the Papas wasn’t it?

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:25 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

You right… I got it - thank you Franco lol…  “I’m a Believer” which I loved.

Posted: 01 Mar 2012 01:05 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 Jan 2010

I always like Daydream Believer,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nmxmJ3Fp0k&feature=related

Posted: 01 Mar 2012 04:21 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Oh ja…. two of their most popular hits…. era of the “bell bottoms”..... looks so weird confused

Posted: 02 Mar 2012 03:08 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

There was quite a nice tribute to him on TV…. apparently was an exceptionally fit man, so his death was unexpected… suggested his heart attack was due to genetics perhaps.

Posted: 03 Mar 2012 02:16 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 Jan 2010

Boy, you just never know do you, you can be as healthy as can be. I often think about that when I see some people jogging, they look like they are just about ready to drop.

Posted: 03 Mar 2012 06:48 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

I think particularly the older we get we need to get the old ticker checked… Though a couple of years ago a friend of Franco’s dropped running a marathon - he was only 35 yrs.

Posted: 03 Mar 2012 02:21 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 Jan 2010

I read this morning they were planning a come back tour.

As far as your heart, one thing you should do is get your cholesterol levels checked, its a very simple blood test.

Posted: 04 Mar 2012 08:30 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Ja, I’m neglectful in this area - are there any symptoms Kam!

Posted: 05 Mar 2012 12:44 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 Jan 2010

It was on the radio this morning that Davy Jones passed away in his most favorite place, his riding stables, with his horses.

High Cholestral is called the “Silent Killer” SG. and is the main cause of heart attacks and strokes. As far as symptoms, they have been doing studies into leg cramps which can be caused by a hardening of the arteries. But there can be alot of reasons why a person gets leg cramps.

Posted: 05 Mar 2012 04:44 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

I think he started off as a Jockey in training; had a huge love for horses - could be wrong, but he may have owned a few race horses too.

.. maybe I should have a check… not that I necessarily suffer a lot with leg cramps, though I did get an awful cramp some weeks ago that started in my foot and worked up my calf! So you obviously decided to have it checked without necessarily suspecting anything then Kam.

Posted: 05 Mar 2012 06:53 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 Jan 2010

I saw pictures of him and he was kind of a small man wasn’t he, so he could have been a jockey.

Lots of reasons for leg cramps SG., fatique, exercise, too little salt, too much salt, the list is endless ( I looked it up) so no reason for panic. I only had mine done because my Mom was after me to get it done, ours is hereditary, my doctor gave me 6 months to see if I could do it on my own with the help of a dietician,  she cut out pretty well everything I was eating, I was down to lettuce and water,  LOL  in the end , no amount of exercise and diet would lower it to a healthy level. I take Crestor, which by the way, one of the symptoms of that is sore muscles, mine tend to be in my upper arms sometimes. rolleyes

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Remembering Whitney Houston....     Next Topic: Humanitarian Campaign - Save the Children ››

chat with singles