Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

BoofontBlue

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 04:23 AM   Ignore ]  
Shy
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11 Mar 2012

Hello,

I am a married 40 year old professional with a home, working full time for the last 8 years. I have no family where I live other than my husband. On the weekends I am teaching myself to play mandolin, I cycle and snowboard, and do glass artwork. Turning 40 has stirred something in me making me want change, to go back to earlier days when I travelled and had spontaneous adventures. There is a growing worry that I will move deeper into what I have coined “The Fold”, the place where I no longer make any changes. Part of me thinks that since I do fun things in my spare time and have stability, why should I want change? It would be nice though to feel more alive and awake to life’s unpredictable and daring side, to meet new people and try new things. I can’t think of a first step, or otherwise I talk myself out of ideas. I have stability many would be happy to have and I am truly grateful for my life. It can feel like a rut though. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

I look forward to your thoughts or ideas of what you have done to spice up life, stay faithful to your spouse, and still pay the bills.

Ms. BoofontBlue

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 05:23 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  362
Joined  28 Feb 2011

Welcome Ms. Boofontblue  

This is a real good start for you to make….The Female Forum.

Alot of really wonderful ladies who are super ready to suggest and make things really great for you.

Just wait till you get to talk to Ms. LadyCaz, she is the best and has a million good ideas.

By the way, I am i of just maybe 2 men allowed on this site.  Martin is the moderator and I hang

around if any ladies need a man’s point of view.  Martin is the best and I try now and than.

I promise to NEVER belittle any comments and always consider all woman as the ultimate people

and am always VERY respectful to ALL OF YOU.  I’m VERY SORRY, I missed the best man of all, Mr. Jim.

Good luck and have fun.

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 06:10 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

Hi there…

Good thought provoking intro…...

I suppose Ive found that responsibility has dragged me into routine, I cant just take off places because who would take care of the house, animals, pay the bills ect..

Plus I must admit to being a little fussier about where I sleep and eat than I used to be so no camping in the car!

But I have to say being in one place to long stifles me, I like to move I dont want roots…Stuck in one house with one set of friends..Too claustrophobic!

I hope you find some refreshing ideas or tips from the ladies here..

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 03:48 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7493
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Hi there… welcome. Interesting intro Boofontblue smile Unfortunately I have nothing to offer though. On the occasions I have perhaps felt this way, I have expressed my thoughts to hubby and together we have found a way to change or do things which ultimately gives us both spontaneous joy, a touch of adventure, etc so it never really takes root! We regularly spend an hour or so daily discussing, planning, and I guess one could say,  conjuring up things we can do within the boundaries of responsibility, etc to ensure we remian in a ‘good’ place.

Posted: 14 Mar 2012 05:05 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

Welcome and you can always make changes it is just they differ with age, as for you as a couple oooh give me 30 pages on how to spice it up and I will give you something to be getting on with, I am 46 he is 55, 29yrs and still have neighbours complaining and have sucessfully manage to get our revenge on the kids my making them disgusted hehehe I see it as it doesn’t matter what you do in the bedroom as long as you don’t do it in the street and frighten the horses. Enjoy life and don’t let others bring you down because they are too boring, the ladies here are great and I enjoy coming on here, so look at life this way.
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it is so much better and fun to be ridiculous than boring.

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 09:36 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

‘Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it is so much better and fun to be ridiculous than boring’

LOL I am so with you on this, particularly the latter… I guess ‘ridiculous’ should be my second name! No matter how old we are, why do we have to conform to society and behave and/or act our age! I may not be youthful in my appearance, but dear lord never let my attitude or frame of mind be in agreement. That child,  young girl still lives inside of me LOL

I love these two quote:

“You are young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely”.

“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and lives of people you love.  When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.”

Posted: 23 Mar 2012 11:55 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  07 Feb 2012

Welcome Ms BoofontBlue!

I’m a tad late, but wanted to say hello anyway. I’m relatively new here, but already feel a part of something bigger than myself. I hope you find that here as well.
Unfortunately I can’t offer you much in the way of advice for your current situation (being a stay at home mother of 2, spontenaiety is kind of a thing of the past) but can guarantee that someone on here will have some great advice to help you. Hope to see you around the place. grin

Posted: 23 Mar 2012 11:59 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Ja, would also enjoy seeing you around BB.. . where you girlie lol

Posted: 23 Mar 2012 07:20 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Community Manager
Total Posts:  2185
Joined  16 Jul 2008

Welcome to the community and thanks for the great introduction! We have members here from all different backgrounds and with all different interests, so I am sure you’ll fit right in!

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Hi everyone!     Next Topic: Hello Everyone! ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles