Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

in doubt

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 10:19 AM   Ignore ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  23 Mar 2012

hey everyone!
well I have this issue..
basically, I met this guy online last year on this website in which I had made a profile on, and like we started messaging each other and everything, and I amd like tottaly into him…
We skyped and everything, and he is like the most attractive indian guy I have ever seen, and I told him how I am planning to come to the states in December, and he wants to meet up with me. I didn’t say anything because I am really not sure if I should meet up with him, because I have heard of horrible things that happen, when a girl meets a guy who she met online in person…and blah blah, but the guy who I met does definetly not seem like that type of person. I have no idea what to do, I feel like i’ve made a mistake by making a profile on a website where people rate you on how hot you look, (it’s called ratedesi.com, and every single Indian literally joins it just to have fun).
Yeah, I kinda feel like an idiot. Cuz I flashed him too…. :/
My friends reckon I’m a slut? damn.
Should I meet this guy? I mean, I can’t stop thinking about him and he’s like over the pacific ocean, while I’m in Australia.
Your responses are appreciated. smile

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 12:30 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

lovingstar, we all do flirty stuff so that does not make you a slut, I would say first video chat with him so you can see him and where he lives. if you do want to meet make sure its a public place, if he doesn’t want that then thats a danger signal, also is he not prepared to come meet you.

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 04:39 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7577
Joined  27 Mar 2011

Do be careful and as LadyCaz has suggested take every measure to ensure your safety. If and when you meet, make sure that a reliable friend knows all the details of the meet, how, where, etc…

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 05:38 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3195
Joined  08 Jan 2010

I have to agree with what the girls have said too Lovingstar, just be careful.

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 04:51 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  07 Feb 2012

If you like him, then there is probably no harm in meeting him in person. As the others have said, just make sure you stay safe. Make sure it is in a public place, know how you are getting to and from the venue, and make sure someone knows where you are, what you are doing and arrange for them to expect a call from you when you get home (at an expected time).

You are not a slut for flashing him. I would just completely ignore what your friends said.

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 10:31 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1851
Joined  08 May 2010

You’re definatly not a slut and these sites can sometimes work out nicely - it has for me!

Ground rules

1. You meet somewhere public, preferably with someone you know and trust nearby to come and get you if you need.
2. Otherwise you make sure someone you know and trust knows exactly where you are.
3. Keep you phone fully charged and a mini bottle of perfume in your bag (the phone for assistance, the perfume as a weapon).Actually, if you’ll be in America you should be able to pick up some pepper spray easily enough so that might be a smarter suggestion.
4. On the first time you meet this guy, you dont go anywhere other than already agreed. Under no circumstances do you go to his place, or take him back to yours. After all, you’ve only met him once, so you cant be entirely sure of his intentions.

Other than that, try to relax and have a little fun. After all nothing is set in stone, and a little fun is nothing more than that.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Seemed a bit weird...     Next Topic: Gut feeling ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles