Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
Female Forum is a real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky you! Sign in here.

Travelling alone

Posted: 01 Apr 2012 05:17 PM   Ignore ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  10 Oct 2011

Has anyone ever been on holiday or travelled alone? Im contemplating doing it as i feel i need a break from everything and have some quality time with myself.
You hear so many awful stories about people going on holiday so i am a little bit nervous but i just want to go travelling and see the world!
What are your thoughts about doing it alone ?

Posted: 01 Apr 2012 06:00 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7276
Joined  27 Mar 2011

I have never travelled alone; the idea never appealed to me, but if this is what you want to do, then here is a link giving tips on safety, etc.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4516127_stay-safe-traveling-alone.html

Posted: 01 Apr 2012 06:59 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4328
Joined  24 Jul 2009

Ive only ever journeyed alone but I was always going to someplace where I had friends or family..

But youre never too old too start…Betty, one of my old ladies decided after loosing her husband that if she didnt strike out alone she would never go on holiday again..

So the first year she went to the same place as they had always holidayed together but stayed in a hotel and she quite enjoyed herself, so last year she plucked up the courage to go on a 5 day trip to Berlin. She met som,e wonderful people and had a great time..

This year she’s booked a cruise on the Rhine and she cant wait…

Its her birthday today…She is now 83 years old…

Go for it, grin

Posted: 04 Apr 2012 07:53 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  696
Joined  06 Dec 2008

Quite a lot of people go on holiday with a holiday company i.e coach,These can be staying at the same hotel every night & touring interesting sites during the day in a group , or going on your own if prefered, others go to a different location & hotel each day. The advantage is that everything is arranged for you & you stay with the same group & courier all the time. My sister , being on her own , often went on these holidays

Posted: 05 Apr 2012 01:07 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3249
Joined  01 Aug 2010

I would say make some friends online the go visit them all

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 01:14 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Manager
Total Posts:  2155
Joined  16 Jul 2008

I traveled to Australia by myself and I traveled to Canada to myself. Both trips were a year long. I loved every minute of it.

The freedom of travelling solo is amazing - especially if you travel for an extended period of time. Don’t like somewhere? Move on. Like somewhere? Stay longer. No debates or arguments over what to do, what to see, where to eat etc etc

When you travel solo, you also meet (and interact with) far more people. You may just meet your next best friend.

I say go for it!

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 03:01 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  31 Jul 2011

Never have to usually, have a load of people around me. Sometimes, it’s a blessing, sometimes it’s a curse, poor moi.

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 11:51 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Female Forum Royalty
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7276
Joined  27 Mar 2011

It does sound more appealing from Martin’s experience though I think it’s a little different for women - there are risks traveling solo. When we were in our late teens we (my brother and I) went on Contiki tours which was great… met a lot of people our age group and joined up with a few of them after the tour for extended trips. Maybe you could start off on a similar tour and then ease into going solo.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Friday Night Activities     Next Topic: get your kids reading ››

chat with singles