Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Seven years today…

Posted: 12 Apr 2016 09:21 PM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2459
Joined  08 May 2010

... since I lost my son. I… Honestly I don’t know what to do with myself today. I tried to be quiet, I tried to keep busy. I just feel very heavy. I wanted a drink quite badly earlier, I’ve had a little cry and the worst of it has passed.

The worst bit is, I think I’m starting to forget things. I remember the words to explain how very dark blue his eyes were, but not the sight of the colour itself. I can’t remember how many eyelashes he had, or how many veins I could see through his skin on his head.

Is that bad? Is it wrong that while I feel pretty crappy today, I’ve mostly just felt heavy and tired the last few days. I used to feel like there was broken shards in my chest, now it just feels old. Like it was a lifetime ago. Very sad, and very painful. But not close, not right here.

I kept thinking about what kind of a boy he’d have been. I mean, if he’d survived, at birth, or at full term. Either way he’d have been seven this year. What books would he be reading? Or would he not be a keen reader? Would ha have been the kind of little boy with scrapes on his knees, or the kind that’s quiet and neat? Would he have his daddy’s temper? Or his cleverness? Would he have had my stubborness?

I’ve stayed sober again this year. That’s good right? That means I’ve spent his 5th, 6th and 7th birthday in a row without resorting to drink to block it out. And his tree is in bud which is nice. I wish I had a picture though. or one of those memorial box things they do nowadays. Hell, it’d be nice if I had stuck around to find out what their version of ‘do you want us to handle it?’ was. All I have is the onesie I bought when I found out I was having him, and the apple tree I planted what, four years after he died.

Posted: 14 Apr 2016 09:22 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1132
Joined  06 Sep 2008

Your memories may fade but you will never stop loving him. You will always have that. Always.

The tree sounds lovely that you planted it and it doesn’t matter when you planted it. If it was me I probably still want to be planting it and putting it off.

You probably would not like the taste of the alcohol anyway and it won’t make you feel better later.

Hugs. Stay strong. xoxo

Posted: 15 Apr 2016 06:13 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2600
Joined  03 Nov 2013

You are doing ok, Papi.

It is good that you keep the memory of him through your tree.

My dad’s ashes were put under his favourite bush, a rhododendron, so every time I see one, I think of him.

Have a (((HUG))) and if you are looking for someone to talk to try these guys

http://www.cruse.org.uk/

Posted: 16 Apr 2016 01:06 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2459
Joined  08 May 2010

Thanks guys smile

It’s just…it’s just what it is.

Hopefully at some point I’ll have more children and I’ll teach them about him.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Is it hemorrhoids?

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles