Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

holiday swimwear

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Eco cleaning products

Posted: 12 Jul 2016 06:29 PM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2465
Joined  08 May 2010

Thought I’d share this find of mine. Bought some eco-cleaning products since they were on sale and I’ve been trying to work on my indoor pollution levels.

I have a crappy chest. Recently the asthma has been much worse resulting in hospitalisation for oxygen and a LOT of inhaler use. So I’ve been researching a lot of easing it a bit more naturally. Apparently one of the theorised reasons that asthma exists more now than say, 50 years ago, is because we have a lot more indoor pollution. We don’t air out our homes as much, we have improved cleaners using terrifying ingredients and air freshers using even scarier ones (scent of jasmine with a side of formaldehyde anyone?).

Anywho, I know I can be dodgy with cleaning products anyway, but particularly bathroom ones. I have to use wipes which don’t really do the hard tasks because anything vaguely airborne will leave me gasping. I hate using bleach more than once a week because of the damage it does to the planet, but generally I would prefer to give my toilet a better clean than that!

I bought two products: Method ‘Daily Shower’ and Method ‘Toilet cleaner’. Both are really nice. Loved the ‘daily shower’ it smells properly of ylang ylang (not a manufactured kind of smell, and real one) and left my tub, sink and tiles gleaming quickly, and the ‘toilet cleaner’ was spearmint. Good refreshing smell for a toilet, and again, it did a good job.

And no chest reaction smile

http://methodproducts.co.uk/products/

Posted: 12 Jul 2016 10:52 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  06 Sep 2008

We use baking soda and vinegar to clean our toilets, countertops, showers, etc. You can add essential oils to the mix too, I believe, but I haven’t tried that.

Over the years I’ve become so much more sensitive to scents! I don’t understand why people use febreeze or those plug ins? They give me a headache.

I hope you feel better. Glad you found a cleaner that is helping.

Posted: 17 Jul 2016 08:24 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  394
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I’m also glad you’ve found cleaning products that don’t make you unwell. I do a lot of cleaning, but don’t have any chest problems. I used to have mold on my bedroom walls but it got removed and painted over. Do be aware mold can be very bad for you, so keep an eye out in your home. Do also air out your home everyday, if possible. Change your bed sheets once a week, too. I’m sure you realize this already, but it pays to be vigilant.

Posted: 17 Jul 2016 10:58 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2623
Joined  03 Nov 2013

I m so lucky not to suffer with any of these problems.

I can get away with using all sorts of stuff.

Posted: 21 Jul 2016 04:12 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 May 2010

Doesn’t surprise me. Apparently the top ingredient in most scented candles and air fresheners in formaldehyde! That’ll give you a headache easily enough!

I’m gonna switch our chopping boards to wooden ones too. Much better to keep clean.

I think some people are just more sensitive to these chemicals cherry, but they’re still pretty nasty :(

Posted: 22 Jul 2016 07:49 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2623
Joined  03 Nov 2013

Perhaps it is better to be sensitive….........

Posted: 22 Jul 2016 12:56 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  08 May 2010

Well maybe, but then again I’m just allergic to everything. Sometimes I feel a bit like Sheldon from finding nemo lol ‘I’m h2o intolerant’ :D

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Would you give up everything and take this opportunity :)     Next Topic: 50’s fashion ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles