{embed="inc/top"} {embed="inc/main_nav"}
{embed="/inc/forum-topbnr"}
{!--

register or login

--> --}

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Christmas Cake

Posted: 22 Oct 2016 09:17 AM   Ignore ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  11 Oct 2016

Does anyone have a favourite recipe for Christmas cake. I’m thinking it’s coming up to the time to make it and I’m looking for some new ideas.

Posted: 22 Oct 2016 06:26 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  06 Sep 2008

We usually are traveling for Christmas so I don’t normally make a Christmas cake however we do make mince pies which I should probably start soon!

I also have Thanksgiving to think about.

I’m thinking about trying something like this for Thanksgiving.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/27021/cranberry-upside-down-sour-cream-cake/

Posted: 24 Oct 2016 09:44 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Joined  11 Oct 2016

That cake sounds delicious…
For Christmas we are very conventional here in the UK - a rich fruit cake covered in a layer of marzipan and topped with royal icing and all the trimmings of the season.
I also love stollen and panettone.

Posted: 06 Nov 2016 01:26 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2495
Joined  08 May 2010

My SIL has invited us to be with them this year, so an alcoholic Christmas cake is out (although since I’m 11 months sober and still struggling sometimes the idea of not having loads of spare brandy is somewhat of a relief!). They always have those vanilla sponges. Last year it was a huge dome of a sponge which was decorated like an igloo smile

Posted: 07 Nov 2016 12:36 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008

Does anyone drink eggnog? I believe you can non-alcoholic kinds too.

I’m getting excited thinking about all the holiday treats!

I have to admit I’m not a big fan of marzipan! But if someone offers cake with it on it, I wouldn’t say no!!!

Posted: 07 Nov 2016 10:33 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Joined  11 Oct 2016

Putting on a few pounds just thinking about all the goodies associated with Christmas!

Posted: 10 Nov 2016 03:08 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2495
Joined  08 May 2010

I’ve honestly never tried eggnog. It’s not really something that’s sold here. Actually thinking about it, I don’t actually know what it is past a drink!!!

I do do the most amazing gooey garlic cheese bread. It’s cut into diamonds beforehand and when you pull them out it’s soaked in garlicy-cheese madness.

It’s awesome smile

Posted: 10 Nov 2016 06:07 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008
Papillio - 10 Nov 2016 03:08 PM

I do do the most amazing gooey garlic cheese bread. It’s cut into diamonds beforehand and when you pull them out it’s soaked in garlicy-cheese madness.

It’s awesome smile

Recipe please!

Posted: 10 Nov 2016 06:09 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008
Lindylo - 07 Nov 2016 10:33 AM

Putting on a few pounds just thinking about all the goodies associated with Christmas!

Ha!
Lindylo, did you find a recipe for your Christmas cake? Maybe I will try to make one this year too.

Posted: 11 Nov 2016 08:19 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I don’t bake Christmas cakes myself, but I do help my sister each year prepare the Christmas meal. However, I do think Christmas cake shouldn’t be too taxing. I think flavouring it with alcohol is definitely the way to go. And I assume you need to store it for a week or two once it has been baked. Good luck!

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Adult Coloring Book Art     Next Topic: What are you baking lately? ››

{embed="inc/forum_sponsors"}
{embed="inc/side_banner"}
{embed="inc/footer"}
{!-- --}