Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

What are you baking lately?

Posted: 15 Nov 2016 05:36 PM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  06 Sep 2008

This week, using my pumpkin from the farm, I made Pumpkin Chocolate Whoopie pies. They smelled amazing and were so yummy!

I sort of followed this recipe:
marthastewart.com - pumpkin-chocolate-whoopie-pies

Instead of using canned I baked my pumpkin from the farm. We received a few pumpkins that are about 4 pounds and perfect for cooking with.

I also try to reduce the amount of sugar that is called for in the recipe. I actually prefer baking with maple syrup or honey. Anyone else bake with these ingredients instead?

What are you all baking lately?

Posted: 16 Nov 2016 10:50 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  11 Oct 2016

Baked a carrot cake at the weekend. The recipe I follow uses sunflower oil instead of butter so it’s a bit healthier. It rises really well too.

Posted: 16 Nov 2016 04:57 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  06 Sep 2008

Yummy carrot cake! We normally bake a carrot cake for Thanksgiving. Although this year, I might try an upside down cranberry cake if I can still get cranberries locally.

Cranberries are grown in the Pacific Northwest of the US. I’ve always wanted to go check out a bog I’ve never seen one. I’m sure they really aren’t that excited but I think I want to visit to disprove this dream I once had.

It was a really strange dream… I bought a large berry farm. Somehow I almost drowned in the cranberry bog! I know bogs aren’t very deep but somehow I got trapped in it. The cranberries took me under!

I think my dream was telling me I would be in over my head if I bought a large property for berries!

Anyway!

Lately I’ve been using coconut oil to bake with and I used it in the recipe above.

Posted: 17 Nov 2016 10:20 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Joined  11 Oct 2016

Love cranberries - blueberries too. I’ve never used coconut oil to bake with. I might give it a try. I’ve used coconut milk to make a Thai curry though

Posted: 20 Nov 2016 08:45 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I love anything baked! I am mad for cake. I could eat cake until the cows come home. I like:

Carrot Cake
Coffee & Walnut
Victoria Sponge
Madeira
Battenberg
French Fancies
Chocolate
Black Forest Gateaux
Gateaux
Cheesecake
Christmas Cake
Princess Cake

The list goes on! Also, my dad bakes a lot of bread. He’s rather good at is, actually. Anyhow, I am a cake monster!

Posted: 21 Nov 2016 10:31 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Joined  11 Oct 2016

Wow - I love them all too. Made a Madeira cake yesterday, lovely and moist.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Christmas Cake     Next Topic: Viola ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles