{embed="inc/top"} {embed="inc/main_nav"}
{embed="/inc/forum-topbnr"}
{!--

register or login

--> --}

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

How Organized Are You?

Posted: 22 Dec 2016 02:20 PM   Ignore ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I am super organized! I keep my computer up-to-date and have all my documents in their right places. I also keep my home organized and regularly sort through drawers and cupboards and have everything in its place. I like routine and time management, too. I like to be tidy, efficient and in control. What about you?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 01:06 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  06 Sep 2008

I like to think I am but sometimes I just got let a few things go or slide. I sometimes find if I spend too much time being super organized I don’t have time for myself.

Mostly because my husband is not super organized and I just end up always cleaning up and organizing him and I rather put the time in me!

I think if I had a house that fit everything that we needed properly it would be easier to be organized. But right we are just renting until we decide where in the world we want to live. Which seems to change on a daily basis!

KiKatKitty, do you own a home?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 03:08 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  21 Dec 2016

I do like to be organised and tidy too..clean house = clear mind.

Nothing is worse than coming home to a mess and unmade beds and a messy pantry, a pile of washing…..it’s not a good thing.  G.

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 11:47 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2657
Joined  03 Nov 2013

Put me down as ‘adequate for purpose’ smile

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 11:07 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  29 Sep 2016

I’m pretty organised when it comes to keeping my house clean. I dont have a lot of clutter or knick-knacks as they equal more dusting ; )  I do find it quite theraputic to have a good deep clean of the house every now and then.  Mind you I’m not one for writing to-do lists as that just makes me stressed of all the stuff I have to do, but some people seem to love writing to-do lists and then ticking them off when they do each task.

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 09:19 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I don’t keep a list of things to do as such, but I do have ideas: like buying a new mattress, putting in a new bathroom floor and so on. Clutter tends to drive me up the wall. I look at a house organizing website and they have so many ideas of creating order in the home and life in general. It’s a great website. Another site is Emily Schuman’s “Cupcakes and Cashmere”. There are all kinds of lifestyle ideas [*notspam*]. Anyhow, getting rid of unwanted items and clearing clutter is very important and makes cleaning a LOT easier.

Posted: 25 Dec 2016 08:04 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008
acherrystone - 23 Dec 2016 11:47 AM

Put me down as ‘adequate for purpose’ smile

Haha Cherry!

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 02:50 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2495
Joined  08 May 2010

This post is actually very good timing! Over Christmas my SIL let me borrow her book on the Konmari method as she’s found it very helpful.

The basic idea being that tidying should be easy, simple and happen fairly infrequently because there’s room for everything and everything has a place. Not because you’ve got awesome storage, but because you have enough stuff - not tons of excess.

She gets you to declutter on the basis of category (not room) and by ‘spark of joy’. For example, I started today with my clothes (she gives a list and you follow it, category by category so you start with the easy stuff and end with the hard). I had to pile every piece of clothing I owned into one place, so I could see exactly how much I had of everything, and if it doesn’t spark joy, it goes to the clothes recycling bin at ASDA.

I actually ended up with three bags of clothes I didn’t really like, four pairs of shoes and a small menagerie of bras, socks, tights and knickers that went. Lots more space in my wardrobe/ drawers! Then you start folding and putting everything away. The only things that hang are those things that are ‘happier’ to hang. For example, my skirts and dresses are hanging, but tops/ jumpers/ leggings etc are neatly folded in a way that I can see everything at an instant and doesn’t crease (special folding technique she teaches you).

In the wardrobe, you hang clothes according to weight and length. So thicker/ heavier, dark, long, wintery clothes go on the left, and as you go towards the right they become shorter and lighter.

Have to admit, it looks pretty damn good and I’ve got lots more room now! I’m planning on hitting one category a day and going from there. Although I am planning on buying a kallax 1x4 for the hall. I know I don’t need more storage, but by gods do I hate my current shoe storage thing with a vengence!!!

Image Attachments  IMG_20161228_101109.jpgIMG_20161228_142337.jpgIMG_20161228_142337_2.jpgIMG_20161228_142416.jpg
Posted: 03 Jan 2017 09:23 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I need to organize my shoe collection better. I do have a shoe rack in a cupboard next to my front door, but it’s a bit of a mess. I also need to clean the cupboard a bit better. Again, I loathe dirt and mess.

Posted: 03 Jan 2017 10:35 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  11 Oct 2016

I’m very good at making lists but not ‘doing’ - a new years resolution for me!

Posted: 04 Jan 2017 12:38 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008
Lindylo - 03 Jan 2017 10:35 AM

I’m very good at making lists but not ‘doing’ - a new years resolution for me!

Lindylo, This year I’m picking a word or phrase that I want to be my theme or yearly intention. This is an idea my friend shared with me,  she does it yearly and really enjoys not having a list.

I usually forget about my list before the year has even begun, lol!

This year, I will try coming up with a word for my yearly intention and making my decisions based on that.

Hey, I guess someone’s word could be organize.

I posted more about it here if anyone is interested in reading more about the idea:
http://www.femaleforum.com/forums/viewthread/7933/

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Just wanted!     Next Topic: What advice would you give... ››

{embed="inc/forum_sponsors"}
{embed="inc/side_banner"}
{embed="inc/footer"}
{!-- --}