{embed="inc/top"} {embed="inc/main_nav"}
{embed="/inc/forum-topbnr"}
{!--

register or login

--> --}

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Self Care

Posted: 26 Jan 2017 01:12 AM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  06 Sep 2008

I’ve been putting some lavender oil on a cotton ball and tucking it in my shirt. Then I take out my journal and write letters to my friends, which I never mail and I am ok with that! Writing has become my release.

I’ve seen this journal for sale from a store in Seattle called Moorea Seal and I got my eye on it. It’s called the 52 List Projects.
Found here:

https://www.mooreaseal.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/the-52-lists-project-a-year-of-weekly-journaling-inspiration

What do you do to feel good?

Posted: 26 Jan 2017 03:55 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  327
Joined  18 Jan 2017

I like to be in the spa and read a book at the same time but now it’s too cold to go outside and with so much rain lately, I can’t do it. The pool is so filled up and it spills over to the hot tub.

I also like to write. I actually have a book that I finished but I have not had any time to work with my editor on it.

Posted: 26 Jan 2017 09:10 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  11 Dec 2016

I just like to be able to step back from life and picture things in my mind. It gives me chance to let my mind subconciously work things out rather than having to do it the hard way! I think the answers are better and come easier that way.

A nice warm bath or lovely summer day really helps though.

Posted: 27 Jan 2017 01:54 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1290
Joined  06 Sep 2008

Jen, There is certainly something about being able to run barefoot through the grass on summer day!

In the winter months I feel like I have to work harder on taking care of myself and feeling good all the time about myself. Anyone else ever feel that way?

Annie, do you write for fun or is it just work? If it is for work I could see that conflicting with my enjoyment!

Posted: 27 Jan 2017 03:21 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  327
Joined  18 Jan 2017
kiwi - 27 Jan 2017 01:54 AM

Jen, There is certainly something about being able to run barefoot through the grass on summer day!

In the winter months I feel like I have to work harder on taking care of myself and feeling good all the time about myself. Anyone else ever feel that way?

Annie, do you write for fun or is it just work? If it is for work I could see that conflicting with my enjoyment!

It’s just for fun.  I also wrote 500 words article for magazine when I was in college to earn pocket money.

Posted: 28 Jan 2017 09:55 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I find reading books a great stress reliever. I also enjoy walking and I love listening to music. These things cheer me up and I always feel more positive. I like some time to myself.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Does anyone have major burns?     Next Topic: Not strictly my health but... ››

{embed="inc/forum_sponsors"}
{embed="inc/side_banner"}
{embed="inc/footer"}
{!-- --}