Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

holiday swimwear

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:

Hi Everyone! Need some ideas please

Posted: 01 Mar 2017 04:29 PM   Ignore ]  
Shy
Total Posts:  4
Joined  25 Feb 2017

Hi to all!

I’m Dan, and yes “male” here. Although i know that the percentage to be accepted in this forum is too low, i took my chances. I told my story to the Admin and promised that i just want to ask for ideas so here i am!

I know this is NOT the right thread to introduce my self(cuz i saw the introduce thread) But to make the story short, I am 29 years old and currently based in Japan. After years in relationship(childhood love)I got married to my lovely wife last year Dec 30(yes! at last!). She will soon celebrate her 30th birthday(April) and i only have 1 month to go, since i only have male friend, and not so close female friends(stopped getting too close to female friends since the start of the relationship) i tried asking ideas from other sites but i only got BS answers.

(so back to the topic) i want to make her birthday extra special, i already booked for a dinner in one good spot here with good view, and i already bought a dress for her, but i want to give her something, like something that she can hold or she can keep and remembered her 30th birthday when she sees it. it doesn’t need to be expensive, but the thing is i cant come up with a good idea. So i’m asking for your help/ideas.

In advance i want to thank all of you.
and sorry for my english-_-.

(im in an IT job so i wont be able to answer ASAP but i will check this when i get home)

Thank you again, Have a pleasant day to all of you.
chao!

Posted: 01 Mar 2017 10:55 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2623
Joined  03 Nov 2013

Oh dear, time for the cliches.

Sorry, but it’s the thought that counts. So pretty much anything will be good.

Flowers are just great and not terribly expensive. If you want to spend some money, then a bracelet from the local jewellers will not bankrupt you. Does she wear chunky or fine jewellery? That is your main question, as you mustn’t buy chunky if she likes fine, and vice versa.

Avoid rings as you will get the size wrong.

But seriously it IS the thought that counts, so you ca’t go far wrong just buying something.

Anyway, give us a giggle, what did your male friends tell you to buy. wink

Posted: 01 Mar 2017 11:55 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  226
Joined  18 Jan 2017
acherrystone - 01 Mar 2017 10:55 PM

Flowers are just great and not terribly expensive. If you want to spend some money, then a bracelet from the local jewellers will not bankrupt you. Does she wear chunky or fine jewellery? That is your main question, as you mustn’t buy chunky if she likes fine, and vice versa.

But seriously it IS the thought that counts, so you ca’t go far wrong just buying something.

I agree with Cherry here, give her something like a Bracelet or a pendant if she already got a chain or a necklace with pendant.  The dress won’t last.

So take her to dinner and give her the jewelry.

Posted: 02 Mar 2017 06:45 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  06 Sep 2008

How about a photo album filled with some pictures of you both and some with friends? You could leave some pages blank so she can add more memories later.

Just a thought.

I’m sure she will be thrilled with the dinner and the dress.

Let us know what you decide?

Posted: 02 Mar 2017 11:33 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Shy
Joined  25 Feb 2017
acherrystone - 01 Mar 2017 10:55 PM

Hi acherrystone!
Thank you so much for the idea! ill include bracelet in the list!
And flowers is included in the dinner reservation so ^_^.
she’s works as a pilot so i think fine is better rather than chunky.

You know male stuffs, full of BS. (most of them)bring her to 2nd honeymoon, (one says) give her a box of condoms,  (most of them) see through costume, the best answer i got from them is buy her a good wine bottle, but in the end they said then do the 2nd honeymoon -_-. You know what i mean when guys talk.

Thank you so much again!

@annelee
I will definitely do that! i think i can request for our 1st dance song to be played by the pianist!! LOL sorry im just so in love with her.

Thank you annelee!

Posted: 02 Mar 2017 11:38 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Shy
Joined  25 Feb 2017
kiwi - 02 Mar 2017 06:45 AM

How about a photo album filled with some pictures of you both and some with friends? You could leave some pages blank so she can add more memories later.

Just a thought.

I’m sure she will be thrilled with the dinner and the dress.

Let us know what you decide?

Hi Kiwi,
But the thing is-_- i did that as a surprise wedding gift together with a bouquet of rose. Bu thanks for the suggestion. Im still looking for more ideas, promise ill update you guys!

cheers!

Posted: 03 Mar 2017 06:05 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Joined  18 Jan 2017
pinbu009 - 01 Mar 2017 04:29 PM

Hi to all!

I’m Dan, and yes “male” here. Although i know that the percentage to be accepted in this forum is too low, i took my chances. I told my story to the Admin and promised that i just want to ask for ideas so here i am!

I know this is NOT the right thread to introduce my self(cuz i saw the introduce thread) But to make the story short, I am 29 years old and currently based in Japan. After years in relationship(childhood love)I got married to my lovely wife last year Dec 30(yes! at last!). She will soon celebrate her 30th birthday(April) and i only have 1 month to go, since i only have male friend, and not so close female friends(stopped getting too close to female friends since the start of the relationship) i tried asking ideas from other sites but i only got BS answers.

(so back to the topic) i want to make her birthday extra special, i already booked for a dinner in one good spot here with good view, and i already bought a dress for her, but i want to give her something, like something that she can hold or she can keep and remembered her 30th birthday when she sees it. it doesn’t need to be expensive, but the thing is i cant come up with a good idea. So i’m asking for your help/ideas.

In advance i want to thank all of you.
and sorry for my english-_-.

(im in an IT job so i wont be able to answer ASAP but i will check this when i get home)

Thank you again, Have a pleasant day to all of you.
chao!

What did she do for your bday last time? maybe you can get a hint from that.

Posted: 03 Mar 2017 02:09 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  394
Joined  24 Mar 2015

You could buy your wife something that has sentimental value, such as a framed theatre ticket of your first date together or a single photograph of a special day out. Anything that has meaning to her and that she will treasure and think of you when she looks at it. I agree about buying a fine bracelet and not a chunky bracelet. Definitely buy jewellery that fits her personality and lifestyle.

Posted: 04 Mar 2017 02:22 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Shy
Joined  25 Feb 2017
KitKatKitty - 03 Mar 2017 02:09 PM

You could buy your wife something that has sentimental value, such as a framed theatre ticket of your first date together or a single photograph of a special day out. Anything that has meaning to her and that she will treasure and think of you when she looks at it. I agree about buying a fine bracelet and not a chunky bracelet. Definitely buy jewellery that fits her personality and lifestyle.

Hi KitKatKitty!
Oh this is a good one! thank you!

@To all
Guys thank you for your time and ideas! Ive come to a decision!LOL
Ill buy her a bracelet and a framed picture! Thank you very much! At last! then i have a month to prepare all the work!

Have a nice weekend ladies!
Arigatou!

Posted: 06 Mar 2017 07:47 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2623
Joined  03 Nov 2013

You are welcome back anytime pinbu009.

It was a pleasure to help someone who cares for their wife so. smile

Posted: 06 Mar 2017 08:51 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1199
Joined  06 Sep 2008

I hope you had a nice weekend too Pinbu009! Your gifts sound perfect.

It was nice of you to join us and like Cherry says you are welcome back anytime!

Posted: 06 Mar 2017 10:20 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2465
Joined  08 May 2010

First up: Your English is fantastic smile

Second: not to upset the balance, but I’d avoid expensive jewellery unless you know for sure what her taste is. I spend far more time around guys than girls and you have no idea how often I get confused lads asking why their wife or girlfriend doesn’t wear that piece of jewellery.

It’s a ridiculously personal thing! However, if she has any girl friends that can be convinced to keep a secret, ask them. Chances are she’s talked more to them about the colours, style, gemstones, weight, width etc of the jewellery she likes. Also, NEVER trust a salesperson in this regard. They’ll point you towards expensive pretty things, not a personal one.

I’d also advice you to not forget the little things. Women like to feel like their husband’s know them. Remember little things that are important to them. For example, I came home the other day to find the very last episode of friends had been recorded. It’s my favourite out of the entire show, so my husband had literally trawled through week after week to find it and record it so I wouldn’t miss it.

Small, simple, practically free but it meant the world that he’d gone to the effort. Little things add up smile

Posted: 07 Mar 2017 08:33 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  394
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I agree: it’s the little things and small gestures that matter. Women tend to love being treasured and thought about. Romance and nostalgia mix well.

Posted: 07 Mar 2017 06:33 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Joined  18 Jan 2017
Papillio - 06 Mar 2017 10:20 PM

First up: Your English is fantastic smile

Second: not to upset the balance, but I’d avoid expensive jewellery unless you know for sure what her taste is. I spend far more time around guys than girls and you have no idea how often I get confused lads asking why their wife or girlfriend doesn’t wear that piece of jewellery.

It’s a ridiculously personal thing! However, if she has any girl friends that can be convinced to keep a secret, ask them. Chances are she’s talked more to them about the colours, style, gemstones, weight, width etc of the jewellery she likes. Also, NEVER trust a salesperson in this regard. They’ll point you towards expensive pretty things, not a personal one.

I’d also advice you to not forget the little things. Women like to feel like their husband’s know them. Remember little things that are important to them. For example, I came home the other day to find the very last episode of friends had been recorded. It’s my favourite out of the entire show, so my husband had literally trawled through week after week to find it and record it so I wouldn’t miss it.

Small, simple, practically free but it meant the world that he’d gone to the effort. Little things add up smile

These are great ideas and inputs.

Posted: 07 Mar 2017 06:34 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Joined  18 Jan 2017
KitKatKitty - 07 Mar 2017 08:33 AM

I agree: it’s the little things and small gestures that matter. Women tend to love being treasured and thought about. Romance and nostalgia mix well.

You are right on!

Posted: 07 Mar 2017 06:41 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Joined  18 Jan 2017

Per John Gray, the author of Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus,  It’s the little thing that count. 24 roses is 1 point but one rose is also 1 pt. Taking the trash out is one point but taking her to an expensive restaurant is also one point so there you go.

And I agree with him.

Good luck, Dan!

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Other woman messeged me!!

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles