Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:

My Artwork

Posted: 08 Mar 2017 08:38 AM   Ignore ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  11 Dec 2016

Here is some of my artwork.

I have a broad range of interests from nature, portraits to fashion design, so this is only a little snapshot.

It would be interesting to see what interesting things others have done. There is nothing better than sharing ideas to get inspiration and I love to see how different other approaches are smile

Image Attachments  Art_2.JPGArt_3.JPGArt_4.JPGArt_5.JPGArt_6.JPGart7.jpg
Posted: 08 Mar 2017 11:55 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2647
Joined  03 Nov 2013

Not being artistic I love seeing others having a go. smile

Your art is good, but your pen and ink mushrooms are really good. I think that is your best medium. It was certainly my favourite.

Posted: 08 Mar 2017 05:03 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  326
Joined  18 Jan 2017
SpinningJen - 08 Mar 2017 08:38 AM

Here is some of my artwork.

I have a broad range of interests from nature, portraits to fashion design, so this is only a little snapshot.

It would be interesting to see what interesting things others have done. There is nothing better than sharing ideas to get inspiration and I love to see how different other approaches are smile

Great Art works, Jen. Do you just do this for fun?  or is this what you do for living?

Posted: 08 Mar 2017 06:35 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Joined  11 Dec 2016

Thank you both smile

I started painting in Acrylics as a hobby a few years ago, and decided that I needed to learn to draw so that I could paint better so I enrolled on a nightschool course at a local school. I was absolute rubbish at drawing before doing this but after a couple of years I got better and more confident. I also love drawing now, whereas before it was just a means to an end.

The pen and ink work is very recent. I like using pens more than pencil or or similar. They have the advantages that I can touch without smudging and can paint over with an Acrylic glaze, like with the coloured fungus above.

It would be nice to think that I could make a little money with my artwork but I would hate it if I lost the love of it for money.

Posted: 10 Mar 2017 11:04 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  06 Sep 2008

Wow, you have a great skill. Like Cherry mentioned, I really enjoy the mushroom drawings. I love the use of negative space and the perspective/angle you drew the mushroom. I would love to hang those on my wall! But I also really love seeing the image you used for your avatar. Really lovely colors and composition. I hope it is hanging somewhere special it is lovely.

You have a real talent and I am so thrilled you shared it with us. It can be hard to share your work of with others for fear of criticism, you know? So bravo!

What are you working on next?

Posted: 11 Mar 2017 08:16 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Joined  11 Dec 2016

Thank you Kiwi smile

The avatar painting is in the living room on display.

My next project may be a painting of my son and his fiancee. I have a good photograph taken a year or so ago, of them in a park local to where they lived then. They are getting married later this year and I thought a painting would be good for a wedding present.

I just need to get moving LOL

Posted: 12 Mar 2017 02:38 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008

That is a lovely present and congratulations! Exciting times.

How old is your son?

Weddings are so much fun especially if you don’t have to do any of the planning. HA! Are you involved in any of the planning? Traditionally here in the states the bride’s side of the family does the wedding planning.

Posted: 12 Mar 2017 06:02 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  18 Jan 2017

That will be a very meaningful gift that they will cherish forever, Jen.

Posted: 12 Mar 2017 09:54 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I love your artwork, SpinningJen. Having your painting as your Avatar looks great. I don’t paint but you’ve got a lot of skill. Painting can be very rewarding, as my close male friend knows [he’s a painter himself]. Anyhow, I’d love to see more of your work.

Posted: 13 Mar 2017 10:19 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Valued Contributor
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  11 Oct 2016

Love your artwork too. A real good collection.Is there anything in particular you like to paint or draw?

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 08:03 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Joined  11 Dec 2016

Thank you all <3

My son is 26. The wedding is to be a low key affair which is a bit dissapointing but as they live on the Isle of Wight and are planning to get married there it is perhaps for the better. Traditionally it is the same here, for the bride’s side to do the planning but I think there is more sharing these days, It is a long way from where I live so any planning would be a bit of a nightmare.His fiancee’s family live about halfway there so things would be easier for them.

The only real dissapointment is that it will be too much of a problem getting my mother to the wedding as she is a bit of an invalid, but I know she would love to be there. She was not at my sisters daughters wedding as she had just suffered a stroke at the time so is missing her grandchildren’s weddings up to yet. My brother lives locally though so there is still chance as he has a son and daughter.

The plan is to go down for the wedding and then spend a few days there on a short holiday. I was last in my teens when I went with my parents and found it very beautiful so I am looking forward to going.

I like to paint and draw living things rather than general landscapes and buildings or still life.

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 04:41 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008
SpinningJen - 14 Mar 2017 08:03 AM

I like to paint and draw living things rather than general landscapes and buildings or still life.

Have you ever been to a nude drawing class. I used to go when I was younger. Actually my mom took me when I was a teenager, I have a family filled with artists so the idea might seem odd but it was actually one of my favorite classes.

The class I took was set up with really short quick sketches to warm up then you work up to longer pose. I really enjoyed breaking up the sketching in times like this and thought it was a great lesson to use moving forward for other subject matters too.

Ofcourse when I went to the class with my MOM there was a man posing for the pictures and wow was he flexible! I was a little embarrassed at first.

Anyway I find the human body sometimes challenging to draw so it was a fun exercise.

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 04:45 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008

I’ve had a few friends who haven’t been able to have all families attend due to distant and health reasons. At the last wedding I attended I noticed the bride had a locket tied to her bouquet with a picture of her grandmother. I thought that was a really sweet gesture.

Posted: 15 Mar 2017 08:26 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Joined  11 Dec 2016

I have never been to a nude drawing class, although several friends have suggested it.

Perhaps the nearest was during a drawing class a few years ago, when the tutor brought in his dog, which was old and did not jiffle about much, so we could draw. That was good!

It’s a nice idea about the locket Kiwi. I suspect in our case the bride’s grandmother will be there as I think she is still active. I have never met her but know she has just moved (with help) to be nearer the family.

Posted: 15 Mar 2017 04:07 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  18 Jan 2017

A while ago, I was at the Academy of the Arts in SF waiting for my girlfriend. She was teaching an Art class and had a nude male model there.  Here is my sketch of that person.

Image Attachments  sketch_).jpg
Posted: 15 Mar 2017 05:07 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Community Superstar
Joined  06 Sep 2008
annelee - 15 Mar 2017 04:07 PM

A while ago, I was at the Academy of the Arts in SF waiting for my girlfriend. She was teaching an Art class and had a nude male model there.  Here is my sketch of that person.

Wow Annie that is great! You should take some more classes!?

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Page 1 of 2.     Go to page:
Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Poetry     Next Topic: Vintage Life Magazine ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles