Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Has anyone used emergency contraceptive pill?

Posted: 13 Mar 2017 07:55 PM   Ignore ]  
Shy
Total Posts:  5
Joined  13 Mar 2017

Last month I used the pill twice in a week, because i got scared and wanted to be safe.  My period showed up about 10 days early and lasted about 6 lightish then heavy (with some clotting).  Now my next period has not shown up im 4 days late.  I have had sex since my last period but I didnt think Id have to worry because we are pretty careful.  Can the emergency throw off your periods?  Im planning on taken a test on wednesday to see if its + or -. I am feeling no signs other then tired but im always tired and usually tired right before my period.  I get little cramps here an there nothing that says WHOOA AF is on her way. I dont know what to think or do?

downer

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 04:56 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  326
Joined  18 Jan 2017

You know you can do the test right after the first day you missed your period?

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 01:26 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Shy
Joined  13 Mar 2017

Got my period literally right after posting this… but why it was so late is beyond me.

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 04:06 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  06 Sep 2008

I’m guessing the emergency pill might be throwing it off but I would keep track of your period and if you see anymore discrepancy notify your doctor.

I keep pregnancy tests on hand for state of mind. I wouldn’t be surprised if sometimes stress can even throw off your period. I live in the States and you can get them at the dollar store.

Any thoughts on going on birth control pills?

PS Welcome to the forums!

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 04:10 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Shy
Joined  13 Mar 2017

Kiwi,

I’ve thought of it, but my body does not handle medications well.  But I will be sure to never be dumb again and not glove it before I love it haha.

Thank you for the welcome, will see me on many other boards. I miss these!

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 04:19 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  06 Sep 2008

I understand what your saying about medication.

Not trying to be pushy but you might want to talk to your doctor about your concerns and options. There are so many different kinds of pills and options out there.

Haha, glove love!

Posted: 14 Mar 2017 08:37 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  326
Joined  18 Jan 2017
Bean8630 - 14 Mar 2017 01:26 PM

Got my period literally right after posting this… but why it was so late is beyond me.

This is more common than you think.

If you don’t like medication, maybe an IUD, it lasts 5 years and you don’t have to worry a thing.

Posted: 26 Mar 2017 04:07 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  22 Mar 2017

So many options of Birth Control—- Look into DEPO-Provera shots —- Doctor administers a shot every three months

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Seven years today...     Next Topic: Dealing with Inlaws - seems like parenting to me ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles