Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Beyond either borrowing/copying/hand me downs for themselves as well

Posted: 01 Apr 2017 06:39 PM   Ignore ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  16 Mar 2017

Even if it/they have/somewhat a sense of style of its/their own.

Jessica A Bruno (waybeyondfedup)

Posted: 03 Apr 2017 09:51 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  24 Mar 2015

If it was a quality hand-me-down I’d wear it. I have been known to buy from charity shops. There are lots of beautiful secondhand clothes. I bought a pair of blue suede high heels from a charity shop and they’re gorgeous. I haven’t worn them out yet, but I will. A good friend encouraged me to buy them. I have not regretted it. Anyhow, the vintage look is stylish and loads of people wear such clothing. That’s what makes personal style!

Posted: 04 Apr 2017 07:46 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  11 Dec 2016

I sometimes buy from charity shops. Not quite clothing, but I once got a beautiful, as new, Hotter leather bag from our local shop for £1. A bargain! I do find, though, that some of the prices of high street charity shops are not much lower than the new prices in shops. I have seen items from places like Primark labelled at higher prices than they were originally sold for new.

In general I find charity shops are a good place to buy quality items cheaply, but not cheap things very cheaply. It also pays to look in little places outside the city centre.

For vintage things, it is worth looking around places like a 1940’s rally and similar. I have found period clothing on sale fairly cheaply and on close inspection some of it is fairly well made (recently though). It is also possible to get material and accessories from the period. Sometimes I have found things in antique shops as well (I have a lace choker I made in which I used antique Victorian shoe buttons, bought very cheaply, for the fastening).

Posted: 09 Apr 2017 10:18 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2647
Joined  03 Nov 2013

I have no aversion to second hand stuff. In my home we have invested in all sorts of cleaning products, and washing machines…..

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Manicures     Next Topic: Neckware ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles