Welcome!
We are an online community for women.
Click here to join us (it's free)!

Female Forum

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Frumpy in your 50’s?

Posted: 09 Apr 2017 07:07 AM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3385
Joined  05 Sep 2008

I know what she means. Does anyone else feel like this? Have you ‘let youself go’? I guess to some extent we all do. Kids and life in general happens and time to worry about clothes, hair and such takes a back seat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4394130/Help-ve-frump-50s.html

Posted: 09 Apr 2017 09:15 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2647
Joined  03 Nov 2013

Actually no. I often get compliments.

Though often they are rather pathetic, like “Aren’t you lucky to be so slim?”

I often would love to reply, “Yes, and aren’t you lucky to be able to call a king sized pizza with all the extra toppings a snack before lunch!” :p

But, occasionally I am told I look elegant, or something looks particularly smart on me. That makes the dietary care worthwhile. smile

Posted: 10 Apr 2017 07:39 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  1278
Joined  06 Sep 2008

When I was pregnant and the following 2 years I had really bad hip and pelvis problems due to my pregnancy hormones.

It was really hard to keep active. I’d vacuum then couldn’t get out of bed for days until almost recently. It was the pits.

I’m finally back to normal and can work out again but it was some dark times balancing what I could do, eat or not. I hated it and the way I felt so I can relate in that way.

Hormones can suck it.

Posted: 10 Apr 2017 08:38 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  11 Dec 2016

Things really did go downhill when the kids were at home.

I think the first thing I did when they left was have a spending spree with clothes that may well have been a bit young. Short skirts and even jeans on the hip (I have slim hips so not as bad as it sounds LOL ).

Nowadays I have settled down and co-ordinating outfits a little better. It would be nice to lose my podge as I like close fitting clothes. To me there is nothing worse than a podgy tum and a bodycon dress.

Posted: 10 Apr 2017 10:27 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  326
Joined  18 Jan 2017

I think I am okay.  Our kids are in their 20s, schooling in East Coast, just hubby and I are home so I can take care of myself.

Posted: 11 Apr 2017 03:07 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I’m in my 30’s and plan to be a rich woman of the world in my 50’s. I just get more stylish with time! Life gets better for me the older I get.

Posted: 11 Apr 2017 04:13 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  326
Joined  18 Jan 2017
KitKatKitty - 11 Apr 2017 03:07 PM

I’m in my 30’s and plan to be a rich woman of the world in my 50’s. I just get more stylish with time! Life gets better for me the older I get.

KitKatKitty,  I love this attitude.  Go for it!

Posted: 17 Apr 2017 08:36 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  484
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I think it’s important to feel good about yourself. Dressing well and holding your head up high is something that all people should do. Who wants to look awful? I bought myself a new pair of shoes at the weekend and they definitely are not frumpy. They are wedge, flower shoes and I shall be wearing them to a wedding this June. I shall be wearing a gorgeous pair of pale pink trousers, as well. My positive attitude means I’ll have a wedding of my own someday.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Slimming World     Next Topic: Menopause ››

Popular Content (Sponsored: These links will take you away from Female Forum)

chat with singles