{embed="inc/top"} {embed="inc/main_nav"}
{embed="/inc/forum-topbnr"}
{!--

register or login

--> --}

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Infertility

Posted: 14 Apr 2017 05:16 PM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2495
Joined  08 May 2010

Hey smile

I’ve lost the old thread so here’s the new one. I didn’t really talk a lot around November/ December so you probably don’t know. I miscarried again, bringing me to 7 lost babies.

Needless to say it’s taken me a while to get back on track and what have you. Quite proud that I didn’t drink despite the crap. It just came as a proper shock. The baby was healthy. I started getting these proper bad headaches (which I tend to get anyway in early pregnancy, but these ones were more like migraines) and then I started bleeding.

I’m still really in the process of deciding whether I want to try again, so until then we’re calling a halt. But we do have some good news. Namely that my periods are back and in a regular 38 day cycle. That while I was in a lot of pain for a while I’m ok now. That the baby was healthy. And that we think we know what’s causing the problem. I’m just not sure whether I want to test the theory!

The theory being, that I have an iodine deficiency. Apparently it’s very common in the western diet, but it’s something I should have been tested for originally as it becomes a severe problem if you have poorly functioning ovaries. Or say, if one of them is severely damaged during a sepsis infection (!)

Without Iodine you can’t regulate the thyroid, so you could test fine for thyroid function, but still not be right - especially under stress. Without the thyroid you can’t regulate your hormones, they bottom out mid-pregnancy and you lose the baby.

Not sure if I should be relieved that I have a new diagnosis, and something to work with, or angry that we know for a fact that at least three of my pregnancies were miscarried due to my hormone levels dropping, and something as simple as an Iodine test wasn’t thought of!

Posted: 14 Apr 2017 05:56 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  3396
Joined  05 Sep 2008

Oh sweetheart I’m so sorry for you. Huge hugs.

Only you can decide if you want to try again, or if you want to give your body a rest. You must be physically and mentally exhausted with it all.

It’s good that you have a diagnosis, finally. But yes it would have been better if it had been sooner. You poor love. I cannot imagine what you’ve been through. xx

{if signature_image AND logged_in}
{/if}
Posted: 14 Apr 2017 06:15 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  16 Mar 2017
Papillio - 14 Apr 2017 05:16 PM

Hey smile

I’ve lost the old thread so here’s the new one. I didn’t really talk a lot around November/ December so you probably don’t know. I miscarried again, bringing me to 7 lost babies.

Needless to say it’s taken me a while to get back on track and what have you. Quite proud that I didn’t drink despite the crap. It just came as a proper shock. The baby was healthy. I started getting these proper bad headaches (which I tend to get anyway in early pregnancy, but these ones were more like migraines) and then I started bleeding.

I’m still really in the process of deciding whether I want to try again, so until then we’re calling a halt. But we do have some good news. Namely that my periods are back and in a regular 38 day cycle. That while I was in a lot of pain for a while I’m ok now. That the baby was healthy. And that we think we know what’s causing the problem. I’m just not sure whether I want to test the theory!

The theory being, that I have an iodine deficiency. Apparently it’s very common in the western diet, but it’s something I should have been tested for originally as it becomes a severe problem if you have poorly functioning ovaries. Or say, if one of them is severely damaged during a sepsis infection (!)

Without Iodine you can’t regulate the thyroid, so you could test fine for thyroid function, but still not be right - especially under stress. Without the thyroid you can’t regulate your hormones, they bottom out mid-pregnancy and you lose the baby.

Not sure if I should be relieved that I have a new diagnosis, and something to work with, or angry that we know for a fact that at least three of my pregnancies were miscarried due to my hormone levels dropping, and something as simple as an Iodine test wasn’t thought of!

4/14/17

Papillo,

I’m soo sorry to all hear, read, and seen about you guys struggles with this.  I for one I can both imagine and don’t because I for one I would just have stopped after a certain point.  And look at the options out there (surrogacy and/or adoption).  Of course I would choose adoption, but unsure if I would do domestic/international.  If domestic I would choose to do open/semi because to me its just as important it/them to know where/whom/beyond come from as well.  Now, at the same time I’m also wondering if this is just primary or secondary.  In which I’m really haven’t learned and researched the secondary part of as much as primary.

Souxi - 14 Apr 2017 05:56 PM

Oh sweetheart I’m so sorry for you. Huge hugs.

Only you can decide if you want to try again, or if you want to give your body a rest. You must be physically and mentally exhausted with it all.

It’s good that you have a diagnosis, finally. But yes it would have been better if it had been sooner. You poor love. I cannot imagine what you’ve been through. xx

In which I’m in totally agreement with what souxi said to you as well.

At the same time I’m also wondering when is the right/wrong time/s to start trying.  Ideally after getting married part of it.

I mean I have heard, read, and seen when they start trying right after they get married.  In which I do understand of course and the especially with older ones.  But still if they are young ones.  I much matter prefer putting it off for a little bit.  Just look at the young ones that start right away and especially the ones without that much success.  Have to resort to infertility/IVF treatments.  Can put you out of money and especially with the savings part of it.

Think thats it for now.

Thank you, again, in advance..

Your truly,

Jessica A Bruno (waybeyondfedup)

Posted: 17 Apr 2017 08:26 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I’m so sorry to hear of your losses. It’s heartbreaking. I would go the same way as Jessica A B and choose adoption. Many adopted children are happy in their new homes and it can be wonderful to raise them. It is something to consider. But, again, I am sad for you. If I may ask, have you had counselling to deal with your miscarriages? What you’ve been through is so traumatic and painful. Do remember you’re not alone and you’ve got your friends around you.

Posted: 17 Apr 2017 09:23 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  11 Dec 2016

I feel for you Papillio. I send a big hug as well x

You do need to let both your body and mind rest.

My take on deficiences is to move my diet toward the deficiency and eat natural foods which include (in your case) iodine. Not taken to excess, it is usually Ok.

Maybe it is time to think about adoption. It would not stop you trying for a baby later, and may help relieve the stresses. With less pressure to succeed it may just come right naturally.

Whatever you decide I dearly wish you succeed

Posted: 18 Apr 2017 05:35 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Community Superstar
Total Posts:  2495
Joined  08 May 2010

I am all for adoption, the hubby is still very much against.

He still wants a child of his own making, and he still firmly believes that it won’t be the same for me without a pregnancy that goes to full-term. I’ve tried explaining that if we ever try again, or have an accident, then it’ll be forty full weeks of terror for me. He thinks I’ll grow in confidence once we’re past the danger of the first trimester.

Still, he persists with his opinions, and I persist with mine.

Mine too Jen. I’ve taken to drinking miso 2-3 times a week, I’m getting in at least two portions of fish a week, plus I’ve developed a thing for seaweed crackers. They’re surprisingly tasty lol

I actually refused IVF Jess. It got to the stage where the drs were talking about what I’d need to do (namely lose weight) to be able to do IVF and I refused. To say the least, it’s a terrifying and invasive daily procedure which I think only the bravest and most desperate of women dare go, and I’m not one of them.

To be honest, we mostly married because we wanted to start a family. He comes from a much…gentler background than me and believed our children would suffer if they were illegitimate… The fact that I’m illegitimate and half the kids out there are nowadays escaped his notice!

We did do counselling at first Kit, but to be honest we seem to have left them behind. Few have experience past three or four losses (which is good, don’t get me wrong). But they don’t have a clue what it feels like to have lost so many children. To worry and fear and walk in a petrified state, terrified of doing the slightest thing wrong and knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it. Or even worse, to think that perhaps this time, this time it’ll be ok. That you’re healthy, the baby is healthy and then… Well there comes a stage where you have to figure it out for yourselves. It sucks, but at the same time you can’t wish that more had gone before you to forge the path.

At least I didn’t have my mother this time around to make things just that much worse!

Posted: 18 Apr 2017 07:10 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  16 Mar 2017
Papillio - 18 Apr 2017 05:35 PM

I am all for adoption, the hubby is still very much against.

He still wants a child of his own making, and he still firmly believes that it won’t be the same for me without a pregnancy that goes to full-term. I’ve tried explaining that if we ever try again, or have an accident, then it’ll be forty full weeks of terror for me. He thinks I’ll grow in confidence once we’re past the danger of the first trimester.

Still, he persists with his opinions, and I persist with mine.

Mine too Jen. I’ve taken to drinking miso 2-3 times a week, I’m getting in at least two portions of fish a week, plus I’ve developed a thing for seaweed crackers. They’re surprisingly tasty lol

I actually refused IVF Jess. It got to the stage where the drs were talking about what I’d need to do (namely lose weight) to be able to do IVF and I refused. To say the least, it’s a terrifying and invasive daily procedure which I think only the bravest and most desperate of women dare go, and I’m not one of them.

To be honest, we mostly married because we wanted to start a family. He comes from a much…gentler background than me and believed our children would suffer if they were illegitimate… The fact that I’m illegitimate and half the kids out there are nowadays escaped his notice!

We did do counselling at first Kit, but to be honest we seem to have left them behind. Few have experience past three or four losses (which is good, don’t get me wrong). But they don’t have a clue what it feels like to have lost so many children. To worry and fear and walk in a petrified state, terrified of doing the slightest thing wrong and knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it. Or even worse, to think that perhaps this time, this time it’ll be ok. That you’re healthy, the baby is healthy and then… Well there comes a stage where you have to figure it out for yourselves. It sucks, but at the same time you can’t wish that more had gone before you to forge the path.

At least I didn’t have my mother this time around to make things just that much worse!

Papillo,

Phew about refusing IVF and just others would do the same as you.  As opposed to doing it.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Menopause     Next Topic: Block Party Food Suggestions ››

{embed="inc/forum_sponsors"}
{embed="inc/side_banner"}
{embed="inc/footer"}
{!-- --}