{embed="inc/top"} {embed="inc/main_nav"}
{embed="/inc/forum-topbnr"}
{!--

register or login

--> --}

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Film or book?

Posted: 19 Apr 2017 05:04 PM   Ignore ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3396
Joined  05 Sep 2008

Which do you prefer?

So for example, Harry Potter, (assuming you read them), did you prefer the books or the films?

I would say both. The only thing that annoyed me with the films, is they didnt have Peeves, which was a shame.

The Shining. Fantastic book, hated the film.

Salems Lot. One of my favourite books of all time. Brilliant. Film was garbage. They changed so much, it really annoyed me.

Needful Things. Great book, terrible film. They didnt show the fight between Netty and Wilma. Classic, but gory.

Which books that have been made into films can you think of? And which did you prefer?

{if signature_image AND logged_in}
{/if}
Posted: 19 Apr 2017 10:09 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2657
Joined  03 Nov 2013

I couldn’t believe how awful the Time Traveller’s Wife was when it got to film. It was an amazing book, so different to anything I had seen before it.

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. Awesome book, even better on film, and each had a different lead character. Pure genius.

Posted: 20 Apr 2017 02:53 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Getting Addicted
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  327
Joined  18 Jan 2017

It depends. Harry Potter is definitely better film than book. Same as DaVinci Code.
Gone with the wind , book is better. Same with The Great Gasby.

Posted: 21 Apr 2017 02:16 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  24 Mar 2015

I choose books over films every time. I am a book addict and devour as many as I can. I am always borrowing my books from the library. [A super cool place.]

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: Whats everyone reading now

{embed="inc/forum_sponsors"}
{embed="inc/side_banner"}
{embed="inc/footer"}
{!-- --}