{embed="inc/top"} {embed="inc/main_nav"}
{embed="/inc/forum-topbnr"}
{!--

register or login

--> --}

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Become a member of Female Forum today! Real testimonials from other members:

* Everyone is treated equally and accepted for who they are - Chatterbox
* A real community that welcomes everyone and respects everyone's opinion - Flutterby
* Female Forum is just like one big happy family that I’m proud to be a part of - Souxi
* Theres no nastiness. Female Forum is just a nice place to come for a chat. You seem to be respected more on here and people get to know your personality - Cat

Click here to join now - it's free! Already a member? Lucky us! Sign in here.

Guy friend didnt introduce me to his mom

Posted: 16 May 2017 11:28 PM   Ignore ]  
Breaking the Ice
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  29 Oct 2014

This guy friend at my bible study while we were walking out ran into these ladies sitting in a circle and he started talking to his mom while I was standing there but didn’t introduce me or the guy standing next to me to her. (I know it’s his mom because I have a vauge memory of meeting her at church like 10 years ago and her saying “Hi I’m so and sos mom” and I’ve seen pictures of him with her on his Facebook profile where he mentions her being his mom, like for mother’s day). I’m only 99% sure the lady from last night was her though. So what do I do? Do you think I should ask him if that was his mom? If it was his mom, I’m kind of hurt that he wouldn’t introduce me or the guy standing next to me to her. Also when I asked if he knew these people once we left the room he said yeah I go to church here, but still didnt say anything about his mom. I thought I was his friend.

Posted: 17 May 2017 08:00 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Frequent Poster
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  11 Dec 2016

I am not familar with the etiquette in your group / social circle but it is not unusual for younger people, especially guys, to be unthinking in these matters.

Personally, when I was younger, I do remember that if I had new friends my mother was very inquisitive to who they were and asked, sometimes embarrasing, questions.

Why don’t you just ask him, and mention the pictures (I assume you are friends on Facebook) or even better perhaps, the meeting 10years ago. Just don’t be too inquisitive and make him feel like it is an interrogation. He may feel a bit embarrassed.

Posted: 18 May 2017 10:22 AM   Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Fully Addicted
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  524
Joined  24 Mar 2015

It was rude of your guy friend but men have been known to be thoughtless. I’d certainly ask him about it. Just say something like “How come you didn’t introduce me to your mum?” but in a light-hearted way. You just need to lightly point out his error to him.

Posted: 21 May 2017 10:00 PM   Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Community Superstar
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2657
Joined  03 Nov 2013
jashley - 16 May 2017 11:28 PM

This guy friend at my bible study while we were walking out ran into these ladies sitting in a circle and he started talking to his mom while I was standing there but didn’t introduce me or the guy standing next to me to her. (I know it’s his mom because I have a vauge memory of meeting her at church like 10 years ago and her saying “Hi I’m so and sos mom” and I’ve seen pictures of him with her on his Facebook profile where he mentions her being his mom, like for mother’s day). I’m only 99% sure the lady from last night was her though. So what do I do? Do you think I should ask him if that was his mom? If it was his mom, I’m kind of hurt that he wouldn’t introduce me or the guy standing next to me to her. Also when I asked if he knew these people once we left the room he said yeah I go to church here, but still didnt say anything about his mom. I thought I was his friend.

Is this the same church where they have a long history of treating you so disrespectfully, and in such an ignorant manner, or have you found a new church?

I know I have said this before, but it seems to be getting worse and worse, with more and more members of your church treating you in this fashion.I really can’t help thinking that you are in with an incompatible group, and it is time to give up on them. Most churches are probably a lot more friendly than this one.

Try another, you may like it. It certainly can’t be any worse.

We'd love to see you get involved in this conversation. Click here to join Female Forum and share your wisdom today!

Post Reply New Topic

‹‹ Previous Topic: advice needed

{embed="inc/forum_sponsors"}
{embed="inc/side_banner"}
{embed="inc/footer"}
{!-- --}