Dating can be difficult. Whether you are dating for the first time, or this is your first time dating in decades, there are things that the modern woman can do to be successful and make stand out head and shoulders above other women.
General tips to get and keep his interest
1. Always look your best. You don’t have to wear designer labels to turn his head. Make sure your hygiene is at 100% and that you wear clothes that accent your positive features.
2. When getting to know a man, never reveal everything there is to know about you. Men like mystery. Keep them guessing. This doesn’t mean you should be secretive; you should just keep it so they want to know more.
3. Let the man pay for meals and cab fare. Forget women’s lib. If he is interested, he will want to pay for your meals and he will ensure that you arrive home safely on his dime, if he cannot take you home himself.
Article continues below...
4. Keep a man waiting for a few minutes. Never show up early.
5. Keep dates short. After a couple of hours, or after the plans you’ve made together have completed, it’s time to say goodbye. If he insists that he hasn’t had enough time with you, this is good. He will be asking for another date.
6. Let him leave a message or two for you. Don’t always make yourself available on the phone when he calls. It’s good to keep him guessing.
7. Throw a curve ball every now and then at him. If he wants to go out on Monday, tell him you have plans, but you are available on Tuesday or Wednesday.
8. Never talk about old boyfriends or previous relationships. They may be suitable conversation topics in the future, but not in the early stages of dating.
9. If you want to get married and have children soon, never mention this on the first few dates.
10. If you happen to bump into his family, never say anything negative about them, especially his mother.
11. Never have sex with a man that you are not in a committed relationship with. Not only will you develop a reputation, but men may no longer consider you relationship material. They may view you as just a booty call.
Special tips for online dating
If you are trying your luck at online dating, here are some general guidelines women should follow:
1. Choose a reputable dating website, not a sex personals website, to find Mr. Right.
2. Never misrepresent your age, size or appearance. It could end up biting you in the backside if you do happen to meet Mr. Right and you take it offline.
3. When posting pictures or exchanging pictures, use ones that accurately depict you as you are now. Never use pictures that are years old or ones that show you with a different hair color or ones that show you when you weighed significantly more or less.
4. When setting up personal profiles on dating sites, never talk about your sexual performance or give out sexual details about yourself. You won’t find Mr. Right this way, only Mr. Right-Now!
5. If you don’t want to interact with married men, say so in your profile.
6. When reading a man’s profile, don’t assume he is as honest as you. It’s a good idea to subtract a few inches from his height, add 15 pounds or so to his weight and add a few years to his age to determine if you are still interested.
7. If you are talking with someone over the internet and you discover he isn’t who he says he is (like he’s married or decades older than what he says), or if you feel uncomfortable with him, block him immediately.
8. Never provide your real address or phone number to someone you have just met.
9. If you start to develop a relationship with a man, let him do the chasing. Let him make the contact. Never cyber stalk him via email or instant messaging. Make him come seek you.
10. To keep the man guessing, give it a day or two before you reply to his emails.
11. If a man doesn’t reply back to you within 72 hours, move along.
Whether you are dating face-to-face or online, it’s easy to get sidetracked. If you do happen to find someone that you think has potential, take the time to get to know him and don’t let yourself get sidetracked by other men. This doesn’t mean you take yourself off of the market, it just means that you don’t let Mr. Right go while you pursue your options.