1 year breast cancer survivior

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Health & Diet 1 year breast cancer survivior

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Butterfield8 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am a year breast cancer survivior.I admit it was tough being diagnosed with it at first hearing the news.It was caught in the early stages.Was 40 at the time and notice something on my right breast which was not right and knew to get it checked out.Seen my doctor and had a biopsy done,I was praying it wasn’t cancer at first.Three days later called me to come in and my husband Curt came with me.Then my doctor gave me these news: Mika,you have breast cancer that was caught early.I was tearing up and my husband comforted me also hugging me telling me everything is going to be ok.Curt was there for support through it all to the day I found out I was cancer free.Remember surgery day to remove the rest,he told me I am one tough trooper and can make it through.I believed him and glad he was there for me.Family and friends were there for support also.My daughters even helped out including from their friends.My step sons did support me too.When I was in the dumps at times,cheered me up.Did the chemo and radiation as well,4 months of it.Best part was hearing I was cancer free.Went into my 1 year check up in March,looks good and still cancer free.I do have the breast cancer symbol tattooed on my left arm with breast cancer survivor under it giving back.I help out other women going through this ever since.My daughters,my oldest whom is 16 does want to get tested if she has the gene for this.I am for it and I am glad she thought of this on her own doing research.

I am glad you have come through this well Mika. It’s a fear we probably all have. It is a good idea for your daughters to be tested, as you know. Luckily it is not prevalent in our family but it’s sensible to check regularly.

Congratulations on your 1 year annivesary.

I have a friend who has had three types of cancer now. She says she feels a bit like an alcoholic… counting how long she has been cancer free.

Its great to hear that your family are supportive and that your husband is so good. I think many women worry that if they admit there is a problem and have surgery that their husbands or partners will reject them.

Its always goo to hear from people who can say thats not the case…

The support I received,said we will not leave my side beating this.Already have a date set to have my oldest tested  if she has the breast cancer gene

1 member liked this post:

I am glad you’re a survivor, missmika. Breast cancer is awful, but having your husband there must’ve been a godsend. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.

Again, I am glad you’re a survivor and you’re living your life with such a special man. Life can be good and you’ve come out of breast cancer stronger than ever.

I am glad you’re a survivor, missmika. Breast cancer is awful, but having your husband there must’ve been a godsend. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.

Again, I am glad you’re a survivor and you’re living your life with such a special man. Life can be good and you’ve come out of breast cancer stronger than ever.

It made me stronger.It was a godsend when my husband was there.I listened to my doctor,told me I better start thinking about the self breast exams and educated me about breast cancer when I was 39.Did have my mammogram done in Febuary which gets done yearly.

2 users liked this post:

I’m glad you came out of this ordeal and scheduled your daughters’ tests.  It’s good to know whether or not they’ll have to make moves to avoid facing the same battle.

One song by Martina McBride was an encouragement,I’m gonna love you through it.Sent a message that I had a support team,they cared about me a lot through it

Congrats on you being 1 year cancer free. I think many of us know people who are cancer survivors, my elderly aunt is a 30 year survivor of breast cancer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!