A question for wine drinkers….

Female Forum Forums Getting Started Frequently Asked Questions A question for wine drinkers….

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Are there any tips for getting the cork out of the bottle? The other evening I felt like I really deserved more than the one glass after the struggle I went through to get the bottle open. I completely screw in the corkscrew and then twist it back and forth while pulling. Is there an easier method?

You are using the wrong corkscrew. You want a waiter’s corkscrew. Ask any waiter- they all use the same type.

This is the one I have.

Attachments:

Thats a waiters corkscrew. Maybe you are not using it properly. It should be very easy. Run the screw into the cork about 2/3rds of ite length. Then hook the silver clip on the glass rim of the bottle. Then raise the handle using the long end of the device for leverage.

Better yet, go to a nice wine bar with a friend (who can pay) order a nice bottle of wine and ask the waiter to open it at the table. Watch him.

Maybe it’s one of those things where practice makes perfect, which just means I’ll need more wine. lol

My bff used to work at OG and you should put the screw in at a tilt, not directly straight and you don’t have to go all the way thru the cork but close. That helped me. I’m still not perfect but if you can’t get it still, get an automatic ones. Those seem like a saving grace and the one that have the bunny ears look are even easier. The screw till the ears stand straight and then you push them down and out it pops 🙂 happy wining!

Although I have not got one, and never used, the type that effectively has two handles which are elevated as the corkscrew is wound in look very effective. The action of pushing the handles down when screwed in levers out the cork.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!