A Woman Of Substance

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SpinningJen 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have re-read this book by Barbara Taylor Bradford today.

It is such a wonderful, bittersweet story. It was published 1980 and has sold millions of copies. Barbara Taylor Bradford has sold over 70 million books worldwide.

Anyhow, I am now reading Cecelia Ahern’s book “P.S I Love You”. I have read it before, too.

I am addicted to reading! What are YOU reading ATM? And what do you think of “A Woman Of Substance”?

At the moment I have George Coles autobiography and the baby thief by. Barbera Raymond on the go. The baby thief is heartbreaking about women forced to give up babies for adoption in 1940 and 50s america.

Im also trying to find time to study a dog training book called total recall.

This in the vain hope of ever training George to come back when called!!!

Enjoy your books, cassandra! I would rather like to read those books myself.

Reading is definitely something to enjoy: especially autobiographies and biographies. I seldom read that genre, however: I do not know why. Maybe it is time for a change?

Enjoy your books, cassandra! I would rather like to read those books myself.

Reading is definitely something to enjoy: especially autobiographies and biographies. I seldom read that genre, however: I do not know why. Maybe it is time for a change?

It can be heartbreaking , I read the biography of the old movie star Sir Norman Wisdom, my son loved his old movies and wrote to him via the BBC he got a hand written note and photo back and my mum met him and said he was ever so nice. His story is terrible though abuse and homeless as a child begging for food from salvation army soup trucks. It made me feel all awwww for him poor soul.

On the other hand I read about Peter Sellers (insepctor Clouseau) and rather wished I hadn’t!

Ive always been a reader and I do tend to hoard some collections…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  cassandra.
    1 member liked this post:

I finished reading “P.S I Love You” yesterday evening. It is such a beautiful story. I like how it ended: unexpected yet happy. Cecelia Ahern is certainly a gifted writer. I shall be reading her other books, no doubt about that.

Again, reading is wonderful and I have been reading for years and years. Not just novels but magazines, as well. I read 100’s of back issues of Cosmo as a teeneger.

Anyhow, Sir Norman Wisdom had such a difficult life: yet he reached for the stars. An inspiration.

Have private messaged you back KitKatKitty as promised!

I remember a handsome young Liam Neeson playing an Irishman in the tv version.

I have just finished reading ‘If I Stay’ by Gayle Forman. An unusual, sad story about a girl in a coma after a road crash who is existing in spirit form listening and watching people she knows who visit her comatose body. She has the decision to make in living or dying. I won’t say more but it is very different and made me think.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!