Am I being oversensitive?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Love & Relationships Am I being oversensitive?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My husband and I are having difficulties, I checked his Twitter and saw he re-tweeted this:

“Sex is like pizza: if you’re having it at Domino’s, it’s time to re-examine the choices you’ve made that led you here”

I’m offended and upset, but he blew it off as a joke about pizza. Can I please get a vote here if this is offensive or inoffensive? Am I being oversensitive?

hi I’m really sorry you’re having difficulties at this moment and that must be hard for you and make you over sensitive to even the smallest of remarks which might really be quite innocent . I’d let this one slide if I were you because there’s no point in heaping more problems on top of the problems you already have.

If its any comfort my husband posted very stupid joke yesterday one day after our 39th wedding anniversary about a deck of cards being like marriage you start with a heart and a diamond and end up needing a club and a spade.  Really?  I think it’s just a daft male sense of humour

1 member liked this post:

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts. I think you’re right, I should let it slide as a thoughtless joke. I’m sorry about your husband’s joke too – it’s hard to imagine what must go through their heads before they do this kind of thing – probably not much really.

It sounds like a typical male joke to me too! I am sorry you are having difficulties. If the joke is anything to do with things at least he has found an outlet for his stress.

Thank you, I appreciate your thoughts. I think you’re right, I should let it slide as a thoughtless joke. I’m sorry about your husband’s joke too – it’s hard to imagine what must go through their heads before they do this kind of thing – probably not much really.

Thanks… My husband does have half an excuse he isnt well and his judgement isn’t always the best but I just replied… “Got the spade anyone wanna help me dig”?

It raised a few laughs from his mates.. But men generally have the mouth moving before the brain is engaged..

1 member liked this post:

What can I say, men are so insensitive when it comes to their wives, my hubby has said ” laddy ” comments in the past generally to impress his mates. Thankfully he has grown up now as he knows he will incur my displeasure ( a bit wordy for this time of day lol ).

3 users liked this post:

It is hurtful and I don’t think you’re being over-sensitive: being upset and offended by such a thoughtless remark is naturally going to bother you. And any one else for that matter. I wouldn’t say take it with a pinch of salt – that’s not possible – but you’re right to be upset.

I wouldn’t advise you talk about it with your husband: he – most likely – would just pass it off as a tasteless joke. But if there is an element of truth in his comments, then you could spice things up in your marriage. That is a whole other topic, but you could consider impressing him in the bedroom. I am not saying pander to his every whim, but if you’re bored with your sex life yourself, you have the power to spice things up. Again, though, that is for you to decide and think about.

2 users liked this post:

He’s a jerk, what a terrible joke.  He’s basically comparing you to cheap pizza, and he’s also reducing you down to nothing more than a sex object.  Sure it’s a stupid “male joke,” but he wouldn’t post such a thing if he had any respect for you.

You deserve better.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Mamie.
    2 users liked this post:

I am all for impressing him in the bedroom lol.

I am all for impressing him in the bedroom lol.

Id be all for making him sleep on the floor until he learned to be nice!

As for impressing him.. Years ago my OH had a little flirty thing going on with a barmaid, nothing physical just dirty remarks and innuendo but I was sick of it so instead of making a fuss I bought a dress.. High front but almost backless body hugging and quite short (I was about 23) added nice stilletos and on our next trip to the pub I got my outfit on.

I was nice to everyone and flirted with all the men laughed like a drain at all their lame jokes and made my husband feel like a fool..

He soon realised what was important.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  cassandra.
    3 users liked this post:

Good on you, casssandra! I bet your husband never did that again!

Hiya, always nice to dress up sexy now and again but as you get older it gets harder to pull off !!!!

I don’t know if you’re right about that, mikki: older women are equally as sexy when all dressed up! In fact, the older you get, the sexier you become. I truly believe that. Who needs to age with grace? Behave in disgrace and enjoy every moment!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!