Anxiety

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Do any of you ladies face anxiety?

If you do, what triggers your anxiety and how do you cope with it?

I hate backstabbers and get anxiety attacks when i hear about a friend back biting me. Also get attacks when see a attractive girl or guy that snubbing my attention. I have medication from my therapist that controls my hyperventilating by calming me out during an attack

1 member liked this post:

I get anxiety when I have to drive a long way. I suppose really I just get on with it, then generally find my fears were groundless. I like to think of everything though, and that means that I can get overwhelmed at times.

I hate backstabbers, too, rabbithabit.

I do get anxiety myself, but I suck up whatever’s going on. Sometimes I think about running away, but nothing is ever gained by doing that. Once I start something, I finish it. Anyhow, anxiety is awful and I hate it. I just want to be happy and enjoy my life without fear. And I think a lot of people with anxiety feel the same way.

Fear is a curse.

@rabbithabit Panic attacks are the worst!! Does therapy help you cope with them?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Vkrasno.

I tend to get health anxiety. If I get an ache or pain, I tend to think of the worst and then I get anxious. But I am trying to learn to be more realistic by identifying the type of pain that it is in relation to my level of worry.

Also, uncertainty can make me anxious.

Do any of you ladies ever get this?

2 users liked this post:

After I take the 25mg Prozac tablet prescribed by my therapist my breathing normalizes quickly. After fifteen minutes I start to get emotionally calm. i visit my therapist weekly for hypnotic therapy. If i have a breathing seizure I see him same day for emergency treatment.

I worry. At times I worry  about health issues or money issues or bad weather conditions stopping me from going out but I think everyone worries about little things at some time or other, if its any comfort I have found that as you grow older you start to worry about other people and their behaviour or ideas about you much less. You learn to cope with the harshness of the world and learn that the back biters and haters are actually the ones who need the help , they are the insecure and scared ones.

I do think anxiety can be learnt from childhood: from parentage. This sounds odd, but parents can pass on their fears to their children. One example: my dad is terrified of the water – this means I also am afraid of the water. I can’t go into the deep end of the swimming pool or too far in the sea. I am that scared. Other people might say to me: “It’s OK: you’ll float and won’t drown”. But I am still scared. Even someone pressuring me would not be able to encourage me into the deep end of a swimming pool. Fears are like that: personal and no one else understands that. I do get anxiety: I always have. And I do hate it with a passion. Anxiety ruins your life. This is very frustrating, as you’ll all agree.

There is the advice of facing one’s fears: but when it comes to water. That fear will always be there.

my therapist says my daddy intimacy with me as a child is hinged to my anxiety but thinks i have some memories blocked in my subconscious  as is my codependency to drugs

@kitkatkitty I totally agree with you. My daughter had a friend when she was little and that girl was scared of everything, the dog , bridges , the dark, lightning, even having her hair cut.

I couldnt understand it because my children were fearful of nothing and that is sometimes a huge worry for a mum!  I devolped some photos once (old days) and discovered my boys had taken a selfie of themselves sitting on top of the roof ! Yikes

But my daughters friend,, at some point my daughter had her ears pierced and her friend of course wanted hers done too so she said she would ask her mum if she could have it done that weekend. I was shocked on that Friday afternoon when her mum came to my house with the money but asked me to take her daughter because she was too scared to go with her. It turned out the mother had all sorts of fears too and the little girl had picked up on a lot of them.

I suupose my biggest fear was and still is the dentist (bad first visit as a child) but I never let my children know. When I finally confessed a few years ago my son just stood up and said ‘and the best actess award goes to mum ‘ He said they all thought I really enjoyed the dentist because I always made it seem like an outing when we went for our checkups. Im glad because I really didnt want them to take on my fears.

I get anxiety when I’m in a public setting and I start feeling overwhelmed. Of something’s not going as I expected, I might start freaking out and feeling like I need to get away immediately. I need to just go home, of I’m making sense?

I get anxiety ovet work, sometimes I’ll get terrified I won’t be able to adapt at work and I’ll be fired. Then I won’t be able to get another job and I’ll become homeless.

I’ve been in a prolonged domestic abuse situation, and I get very panicky when I feel threatened, even existentially.

My therapist has me taking Zoloft and I feel it’s helping me. While I still get my fears, I seem like I can get over them faster than I used to.

I get anxiety when I’m in a public setting and I start feeling overwhelmed. Of something’s not going as I expected, I might start freaking out and feeling like I need to get away immediately. I need to just go home, of I’m making sense?

I get anxiety ovet work, sometimes I’ll get terrified I won’t be able to adapt at work and I’ll be fired. Then I won’t be able to get another job and I’ll become homeless.

I’ve been in a prolonged domestic abuse situation, and I get very panicky when I feel threatened, even existentially.

My therapist has me taking Zoloft and I feel it’s helping me. While I still get my fears, I seem like I can get over them faster than I used to.

I am so sorry to hear about your abusive relationship. I remember reading your forum post about it and it seems like an awful situation to have been in. Good thing you are out of that now and in a better place! It’s also good to hear that you have made progress in your ability to recover from such panics faster than before. It can be tough to train the mind on how to minimize such panics and recover faster. Did therapy help with your recovery process and did it teach you any coping mechanisms?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Vkrasno.

I hate domestic abuse, Mamie: that you went through such a situation. I don’t feel pity, but I do realize you’ve been through tough times. There are no words to describe a man who would put their partner in such a situation. But you’re stronger and wiser and much stronger that your ex. He isn’t worth a cup of tea.

Back to anxiety: it is a curse and I HATE it. It is such a burden that many carry. Still, life is worth living and worth trying with. But I wouldn’t wish anxiety on my worst enemy.

I have to admit that I don’t feel anxiety about many things and I certainly don’t get anxiety attacks. Maybe that’s because I’m older and have been making my way in the world for some time. I am blessed with a lot of self confidence. Perhaps a consequence of my life events but it sustains me. When confidence runs a little short, there is always Cinzano which restores my well being.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!