Home » Topics » Category Related Discussion » Health & Diet » any picky eaters here?

any picky eaters here?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am an extremely picky eater.

I am the type of person who will go to a cafe and order from the kid’s menu.

obviously, this causes issues when it comes to getting healthy stuff in me (I’ll eat some fruits, not many types tough) and absolutely won’t touch veg

I was just wondering if their was any other picky eaters here

My instinct is to say no.. but I dont like mushrooms or any other fungi it makes me sick..I wont eat eggs cooked by anyone else and Im not a seafood eater ..

I dont like really greasy food or underdone bloody food, I hate being given frozen vegtables  when I eat out (if Im paying a bundle of money I expect fresh).. I dont eat much fast food from takeaways ie KFC , macdonalds etc the last KFC I had was in west kensington in London over 40 years sgo and macdonalds was about 10 years ago and only because I was travelling and needed something trustworthy to eat. Ive never been to nados or starbucks..

I like fresh food and I prefer it  if I cook it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by cassandra.

I can not stand the smell of fish, so eating it….. noooo.

we’re diffrent on our views on mcdonalds though. personally love it, and try to eat it at least once a week..

My mum loves a mac d its a treat for her but she hasn’t been out since February when this whole Covid thing started and she really is missing it.

when my mother-in-law was still alive she also loved a McDonald’s sometimes I take her out while my Father-in-Law was busy and just treat her McDonald’s and a milkshake she was in seventh heaven.

So each their own I suppose that’s what makes the world interesting.

I tend to eat most things. I LOVE preparing, cooking and eating vegetables. But there are foods I won’t eat: brown bread and grains and those type of foods. I don’t like salad, either: except when it has potato salad, quiche, cheese cubes, prawns, smoked salmon, etc, with it. I also love pork pies and pigs-in-a-blanket.

I am getting rather hungry now!

Even as a child, I wasn’t a picky eater.  I liked everything except raw onions and Brussels sprouts…and my mom would try to force them on me nearly every night.  I would eat any vegetables that other kids hated…lima beans, broccoli, cauliflower, etc….but my mom insisted on Brussels sprouts because she liked them.

About 10 years ago, I started gaining an appreciation for Brussels sprouts.  I still don’t like raw onions, but if they show up finely diced in my salad, I won’t bother picking them out.

I tend to go for homecooked meals with fresh veg. Seafood is my favourite, particularly oily fish. Tinned are not my favourite and I would agree with Cassandra in that tinned or frozen vegetables are poor provision in a restaurant. I eat most things and can generally eat from raw to normal cooked but don’t like things overdone. I suppose I am picky in not having too much in the way of cakes or desserts but that does help my waistline lol.

I love thick tuna-fish sandwiches. They are delicious.

[quote quote=214869]I love thick tuna-fish sandwiches. They are delicious.

[/quote]
    oooh tuna mayo with lettuce and fresh spring onion snipped all over yummy…

Although today Im making a bacon and goat cheese salad… Our tomatoes have ripened and we are really enjoying the flavours of home grown …

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!