Home » Topics » Category Related Discussion » Health & Diet » anyone incontinent?

anyone incontinent?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am, and it’s such a lonely world sometimes (in my experience, someone in their 20’s having an issue with it is very miss understood)

anyone ever had experience? (or still have it now)

Not myself. I dont want to pry but is this a childhood thing or a new medical issue?

My brother found it difficult to control his bladder especially at night and wet the bed until he was about 10.

My son had his appendix out about 6 years ago and during the keyhole surgery they scraped or hit a nerve causing him a mild incontinence which luckily sorted itself out after a few months but he was very distressed by it.

Some of the older ladies Ive worked for as a home carer have had it and one lady had the now banned mesh treatment which for her was a wonderful op.. All done without cutting and she was ‘dry’ straight after surgery, she said it gave her her life back. Her increasing problems had led to her avoiding social gatherings, days out and holidays but once she had her op there was no stopping her and she was out and about more than she was home despite her age..

ongoing issue.

I have had it for…. well, since I was around 9 or 10, I guess.

started off not a big thing (but big enough to be teased at school) but now, I am totally incontinent. on bad days, it can really affect my plans for the day

[quote quote=214935]ongoing issue.

started off not a big thing (but big enough to be teased at school) but now, I am totally incontinent. on bad days, it can really affect my plans for the day

[/quote]

That is awful , are you getting any help or treatment?  I know how badly it affected my 88year old lady but for a young person it must be totally devestating.

[quote quote=214939]

ongoing issue.

That is awful , are you getting any help or treatment? I know how badly it affected my 88year old lady but for a young person it must be totally devestating.

[/quote]
    so far nothing’s worked,but  onwards and upwards..

I don’t share this with many people. I shared it here because I feel safe posting on this site

Hey its a medical issue, nothing to be ashamed about and like many female problems its one we generally dont discuss because we are made to feel as if we have failed or done something ‘nasty’ …

Its like telling people youre menopausal, they turn bright red and run! I recently had a hot flash during a shopping trip and said to the young man at the till ‘dont worry its not covid just menopause’  OMG he almost crawled under the till he was so embarressed..

Why? its not catching, its not nasty, its nothing bad…

I think its really important that we talk openly about these things , who knows someone might be sitting on the golden tip and if no one discusses it that information will never get shared…

if not anything else, it’s provided some pretty embarrassing situations (which looking back on are now funny,) so I have stories to tell. lol

There’s nothing to be ashamed of.  We’ve all experienced some form of it at one time or another.  I’ve sometimes had sudden urges which resulted in some leakage.  One time, it was a full unload.  Luckily, I was home at the time.

It’s not something to be ashamed of but it must be difficult, especially at the moment with closed facillities. Except for little trickles now and then my main issue tends to be things coming on quickly. I have to plan when I go out although, if I drink little, can last for hours but tht’s not good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!