anyone want to share a recipie?

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Hobbies & Leisure anyone want to share a recipie?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TestDummyCO 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

here’s one I tried recently.

it is for grilled lemon chicken, very tasty

Grilled Lemon Chicken

table with 3 columns and 3 rows

whole chicken cut in pieces, or about 3 lbs chicken pieces

Tbs

olive oil

1/2

tsp

salt
    table end

table with 3 columns and 2 rows
    1/2

tsp

freshly ground black pepper

Juice of 2 large or 3 small lemons (Plus one lemon for grilling.)
    table end

table with 2 columns and 9 rows

Wash your chicken pieces well and pat dry with paper towels.

Add the chicken pieces to a large Ziploc bag.

To the bag add the olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and lemon juice.Toss together well, massaging the chicken pieces well with the lemon, oil and seasonings.

Let the chicken marinate for up to an hour.Preheat your grill to low or medium low heat.

Add the chicken pieces to the grill along with the extra lemon, cut in half with the cut side down.

Use your judgement and grill the chicken pieces until fully cooked. It is important to turn the chicken several times during the grilling time. I turned the pieces about 4 times during the 35-40 minute cooking time.

Cooking time will vary, depending on the size of the pieces.

Use a meat thermometer to take a reading from the center of the largest pieces of chicken and when the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F remove the pieces from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.

Just before serving, squeeze the grilled lemon halves over the cooked chicken.
    table end

Servings: 4

I plan to share others (maybe)

Really simple take one chicken breast butterfly it.

Sprinkle with Italian herbs slices of mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.

fold the chicken back into its original shape wrap in bacon to keep it closed and bake it for 30 minutes.

1 member liked this post:

That sounds like my kind of cooking Cassandra. I don’t use recipes, one reason being I get quite pedantic on following the instructions and it becomes a chore. Usually I see what I have in and follow my nose lol. I do plan a bit with getting my fresh ingredients but often only decide on what I am actually going to do on the day I am doing it. At one time my food was very hit and miss but, with experience, things now work very well and I don’t need recipes.

2 users liked this post:

I hate recipes that call for one spoonful or cream or 4 capers , what do you do with the rest if you are not a regualr eater of those things?

1/2  a lemon then you have to plan what to do with the rest (although a lemon is not too bad) but you get my drift. I prefer recipes that use whole ingredients  a whole onion a whole pepper ect..

I have one book that is 100 recipes 1 basic mix tha basic being minced beef, onion, garlic, the recipes range from babotie to meat muffins and cottage pie to kofta..

You’ve GOT to have chicken faijitas.

1. Slice the chicken breast
    2. Slice an onion
    3. Slice the bell peppers
    4. Add the flavouring sachet
    5. Stir-fry
    6. Heat the faijitas in the microwave
    7. Grate cheese
    8. Take out the sour cream

At the table:

1. Spread sour cream and cheese on fajita
    2. Spoon over the meat and bell pepper mixture
    3. Fold carefully
    4. And EAT!

You’ll all LOVE this recipe. It is so easy to make and the ingredients aren’t hard to come by.

Oh yes I’m happy to try some of these recipes a lot of chicken related things which I miss since becoming vegan . Although I won’t eat it myself I will be trying that lemon pepper chicken for my family and finding alternatives .

I’ve made this chicken salad several times a year for nearly twenty years.  It’s pretty refreshing on a hot summer day.  I’m providing a link, since I want to give credit where credit is due.  Also, I don’t want to be guilty of plagiarism.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/almond-chicken-salad/

There’s a lot of stuff in it, but I feel it’s worth the effort.  I omit the optional kiwifruit and substitute plain, fat-free Greek yogurt for the sour cream.  I usually make chicken salad sandwiches or wraps using whole wheat sandwich thins or wraps with green- or red-leaf lettuce and sliced roma tomatoes.  A single recipe will make enough to indulge my hubby and me for three or four nights.

Enjoy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!