Are women still discouraged from playing video games?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Are women still discouraged from playing video games?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  bigirl 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I’m no good at video games, my boyfriend tried teaching me a game called Assassin’s Creed, but I couldn’t figure it out and just ended up watching him play. As a woman, I don’t see the appeal of video games….there are more constructive ways to spend one’s time in my opinion. No offense to the ladies who do play, I just prefer other hobbies.

I think we’re on the same page, GirlPowah88. I don’t enjoy playing video games: I just am no good at them. I much prefer other hobbies. Still, I applaud any woman who does play them. It is a liberal world, so I don’t see the problem of women – and girls – playing video games. However, personally speaking, they are not for me, either.

1 member liked this post:

I’m not sure about other girls, but I was always into video games and they were full of violence. However, they were mostly horror games instead of Grand Theft Auto or Counter Strike since my father never allowed me to kill people in those games. Now I can do that, but I still prefer horror games. I’ve met another woman my age that wasn’t allowed to play video games, so yeah, some women are heavily discouraged from doing so and usually prefer “Candy Crush” and stuff.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!