Are You Happy?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Are You Happy?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I believe that western society has been sold this ridiculous idea that we have to be happy all the time. This is dangerously unrealistic, and I think it contributes to its own share of depression. Life is about highs and lows, about birth and death, about celebrations and grief. We’re designed to feel a whole spectrum of emotions.  It’s okay to be cold sometimes, it makes being warm even more enjoyable. It’s good to be hungry sometimes, it makes food taste better.

I know that too many people get an uneven share of troubles in their life, and I wish we lived in a world that was fair, but humans don’t seem to have a handle on that, yet.

Recently I got quite sick while visiting my elderly parents. I was miserable. However, my sisters who live nearby, and my parents took such loving care of me that I can actually say I had moments of happiness, re-experiencing the love of my childhood. Happiness is a complex thing and by focusing on things we’re grateful for, we definitely increase those moments of happiness.

3 users liked this post:

I’m recently married and right now I’m still on my honeymoon high.

Congratulations on your nuptials, Mamie!

1 member liked this post:

I’m recently married and right now I’m still on my honeymoon high.

Congratulations Mamie!

Congratulations from me too, Mamie!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!