Are You Jealous Of Any Celebrity?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Are You Jealous Of Any Celebrity?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Of course, none of us are losers, but do you ever feel jealousy of a particular celebrity? There is one star that I feel slightly envious of – although I’d never stalk them or post abusive comments on Twitter – but I do feel jealous. It is wonderful she has the guts to go after what she wants and I respect her for that. But when I compare my life to these people, I do feel lesser. Again, though, I am not a loser. I can’t imagine what it would be like to be adored and praised like that every day of your life. Having that kind of respect must be great. I would never take from that celebrity, even if I could, however.

Over to you. Oh: you don’t have to name your chosen celebrity to discuss.

I feel inadequate by comparing myself to any woman celebrity, so I’m rather jealous/envious of most of them.  I wish I looked so perfect, and had so much money, and had so much success with relationships.

If I’m picking one off the top of my head, probably Kate Middleton.  She’s absolutely perfect in every imaginable way.

It’s very mixed with me as I fantasise quite a bit and see celebreties as idols then fall back in reality and see them as ordinary, and sometimes inadequate, people. They have their problems as anyone else and sometimes they do get overstressed and have bad things. With work I came across people from all walks of life who had the misfortune to suffer with major health issues. It brought things back to earth with a bump! I also believe (within reasonable limits) that one can get wherever you want with perseverance. However true that may be it counteracts jealousy.

1 member liked this post:

I have always wondered if I am flawed. I never understood the pop idol worship thing and even now I just see these people as people, nice entertainers , good singers etc but thats it.

They are nothing more and nothing less than I am flesh and blood mortal beings..

If I had to think of anyone I would like to be more like or learn from,  it would his holiness the dalai lama  he is so funny , gentle and yet very wise.

I find it interesting to read everyone’s thoughts on this subject. And I agree, cassandra: celebrities are nothing more than flesh and blood mortal beings: you’re absolutely right. These people may also appear nice, but that may well just be a persona. They are talented, sure: but they can’t raise the dead or house the homeless. They have all this money, yet no one else benefits. They get richer and the audience doesn’t seem to realize this. People are people: whether having a celebrity status or not. They’re nice to the audience, but if in a shop, they could well be very rude or wherever else others get in their way.

2 users liked this post:

I have noticed with the current Queen film Kitty. The original members of the band will get pots of money in royalties where they are only really getting free publicity. Do the film makers give money to other individuals or groups when they are using them for subjects? It is probably only composers and authors who benefit. There has been a spate of Hatton Garden heist films and dramas on TV. No the crooks should not benefit but the victims of crime general compensation fund could.  I know it is hard to startup, but it is hard to startup in many other careers too. I would like to see better distribution of wealth. I will get off my soapbox now lol.

I love following selena to see pathetic people that think  she is a good person. everything she does point to a self centered egotistical personality

For those that do the devil’s work: I hope Satan betrays them.

For those that do the devil’s work: I hope Satan betrays them.

And those who work for the angels…?  Doris Day who did so much for animals while she was alive is rumoured to have left her estate to animal charities,

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by  cassandra.

Doris Day had been wonderful and will live forever in people’s hearts.

I think people who work for the angels are rewarded with love and happiness in their lives. I’d definitely rather be an angel than a demon. I just cannot hurt people: I feel so guilty and like scum. People do deserve respect. I think that is an important lesson everyone learns sooner or later.

I’ve never really been jealous of anyone, much less a celebrity.  Everyone is special in their own way.  Some are smarter than others, better looking than others, more artistic than others, more athletic…and so on.  Everyone has something to offer the world and those they hold dear.

I can go so far as to say that the closest I’ve come to a celebrity crush as a teenager is Sam Elliot, who is over 20 years older than I am.  It’s that voice.  LOL

I’ve never really been jealous of anyone, much less a celebrity. Everyone is special in their own way. Some are smarter than others, better looking than others, more artistic than others, more athletic…and so on. Everyone has something to offer the world and those they hold dear.

I can go so far as to say that the closest I’ve come to a celebrity crush as a teenager is Sam Elliot, who is over 20 years older than I am. It’s that voice. LOL

OMG YES!  His voice … I love him narrating in The Big Lebowski.

I wish I was more like all of you and happier with my appearance, and could stop comparing myself to perfect stars.

Mamie, I can’t say that I’m totally happy with my appearance.  I’m sure everyone has something about themselves they would like to change.  It’s just that I’ve come to accept how I look.  Some of it is genetics, some of it is not fighting the inevitable (like not covering gray hair), but most of it is past lifestyle choices.  I’m obese. I’ve come to accept the fact that, even if I lose all the excess weight, I will never look the same as I did before I started down that path…and that’s okay.

There’s a saying that if you’re young and beautiful, it’s an accident of nature.  If you’re old and beautiful, you’ve earned it.

2 users liked this post:

Looks – and weight – do change in time for everybody. Even celebrities age and get bigger. Just look at Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera.

Anyhow, I also have grown into my looks. I also pamper myself with daily showers and beauty products. Because I am attractive and want people to see that. There – of course – are some aspects I am not so appreciative of: like not having long legs and having a nose I do not like. However, my features are acceptable and I make the most of myself.

Being old and beautiful is earning it. Many women grow old gracefully. I will be one of them!

I definitely think certain celebrities are beautiful and they have great wealth, but deep down when they wake up in the morning they put there pants on the same as I do so I am not jealous of any of them at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!