Are You Your Starsign?

Female Forum Forums General Discussion General Chat Are You Your Starsign?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

My sun starsign is sagittarius, whereas my moon sign is scorpio.

I had my astrology chart done online years ago: it was spookily accurate. I am absolutely a believer in astrology. In fact, I have a deep belief in the supernatural. I believe in psychics, telepaths, aliens, heaven, hell: all of it. This sounds very bizarre, but I truly believe in a world beyond this one. I cannot shake that belief. As for astrology: it is true in my mind, too.

I do realize science explains the world and universe, but there is a core belief in me that the universe is very strange and the more we learn about our universe, the stranger things get. Now, I don’t believe the earth is flat or that aliens are about to land, but I believe all I have said.

Do YOU have such beliefs? Are you open minded? Or do you dismiss such beliefs as weird and ridiculous? Is science the only explanation for what we cannot explain?

I look forward to your views!

Im not a great believer in anything but years ago someone did my star chart thingy .. Im Libra with Sagittarius rising.

I suppose I do like to look at things from both sides and weigh things up (Libra) I also do take charge of things in my life (Libra) but Im adventerous, love being out and about, hate being tied down, and dislike clingy people (sagittarius)Im also the truth seeker , I will study religion but believe none..

I was born in the chinese year of the dragon .. The Dragon symbolizes power, nobleness, honor, luck, and success in traditional Chinese culture. So I have a dragon tattoo on my back/shoulder.

Maybe I am a bit like my sign (Aries), but I don’t take must notice. I have felt, to some extent, that some people tend to be governed by what they read into being ruled by that interpretation. I think, with Chinese, I was the year of the Horse but I have no idea of it’s significance anyway.

I am a TAURUS, which I think is reliable and kind with a stubborn streak ( just ask my husband on that one!). Also I am not quick to get angry but can be a bull in a china shop sometimes lol.

My sunsign is sagittarius and I am scorpio rising.

I tell you this: my astrology chart is spookily accurate.

I’m Aries, which tends to mean ambitious, passionate, strong-willed, impatient and bold; all of which describe me. This is reflected in many aspects of my life, particularly in my feminist beliefs and activism: I’m passionate about women’s rights, am strong-willed in doing what I can to fight for them, bold in my endeavours, and impatient for equality for women to be achieved. This could be seen as ambitious, however, givcn how far there is to go in attaining that.

Keep fighting the good fight.

4 users liked this post:

I agree with your views, Trufflegirl.

You would’ve thought that women – in the21st century – would be treated equally to men. But, no: women are still seen as the child bearers, the caring one who always cooks the dinner yet holds back on food herself. The woman who never argues or has an opinion… we need to get away from those Victorian beliefs: women are strong, powerful and important. We must ALWAYS share our opinions and be assertive and truthful.

This is what I believe.

1 member liked this post:

I agree with your views, Trufflegirl.

You would’ve thought that women – in the21st century – would be treated equally to men. But, no: women are still seen as the child bearers, the caring one who always cooks the dinner yet holds back on food herself. The woman who never argues or has an opinion… we need to get away from those Victorian beliefs: women are strong, powerful and important. We must ALWAYS share our opinions and be assertive and truthful.

This is what I believe.

Thank you, Kit. I have been very pleased to see the number of feminists on the forum; feminism should be one of the main focuses of any female forum, as forums are about expressing ourselves, and it’s feminism that fights to allow us to do just that.

Forums such as these encourage women to express themselves in a way many may feel unable to elsewhere, given oppressive societal expectations, as you allude to.

I have been fortunate enough to have been encouraged to be assertive and to express myself from a young age: my mother was/is a feminist (and at a time when that was far rarer), and I was one of five sisters, all raised feminist, so my upbringing was in a very female, feminist environment, and I was a self-confessed feminist by the age of about nine.

However, I have, inevitably, still been subjected to the usual sexism and misogyny outside of the home environment, that any female will be, and I am aware that the vast majority of women won’t have been brought up to be assertive and confident, as I have been; and this is where us few who have can empower those who haven’t been. Women need to spend less time competing with one another, and more time EMPOWERING each other.

As the forum states: ‘never forget that you are amazing’. Us females rock!

#femalesolidarity #sisterhood #girlpower

2 users liked this post:

Slightly off subject but. My father was the one who told me that because I was a girl I would have to fight twice as hard and be twice as good at anything just to be thought of as worthwhile.

He explained that men often feel threatend by strong intelligent women and will try anything to keep them from achieving.

My mother is a strong woman too.

My daughter is a force of nature…

I do think that there is still the lie  told to girls that ‘you can have it all’ this just isnt true, there are 24 hours in a day and thats not enough to manage to do everything you want, everything thats expected, and everything thats needed if you really want everything.. So something has to give and very often its children that lose out.

2 users liked this post:

I think you’re right, cassandra – and your father was right – females do have to fight twice as hard as a man to be an achiever. This sounds trival, but with my poetry, I have people against me. Now: they are only poems, but I seem to be threatening to some people. Again, it sounds trival BUT if I were a man, I’d have no one against me. AND it makes you realize that women like Madonna [although I am nothing like Madonna! Who’s great] get all the praise and yet the competition doesn’t attack [for lack of a better word]. Doing well with poetry is very important to me, but some people are dead against me. I realize I am not god or anything, but I do have to fight to achieve in my chosen profession as a writer. Most people are left alone, but there are those who’d only leave me alone if I were a man.

So it’s true: you have to fight twice as hard as a woman to be an achiever than a man does.

That’s generally true but in some places – the health service for one – women are better placed. I have come across men who, otherwise domineering, were actually afraid of women in a higher position. I found that using my strengths helped, even though I am not the go ahead and aim for the top type. It tends to take strong willed women to get to the higher ranks but they do. Yes there is predjudice in most places but there is the right approach and attitude of mind. To feel you are at a disadvantage means you are already considering having lost.

I do feel I’ve lost. I don’t know why. But we shall see how things pan out.

Slightly off subject but. My father was the one who told me that because I was a girl I would have to fight twice as hard and be twice as good at anything just to be thought of as worthwhile.

He explained that men often feel threatend by strong intelligent women and will try anything to keep them from achieving.

My mother is a strong woman too.

My daughter is a force of nature…

It’s good that even your dad, as a man, acknowledged and told you this. My mum told me this, but my dad wasn’t quite so enlightened.

Strong females often run in families, which would explain your mother and daughter being so strong.

As the mother of two daughters, I feel I owe it to them, to tell them these same things. I was a feminist long before I had them, but I know of many mothers of daughters who have made the transition after seeing the prejudice that their daughters face.

Nothing can make a woman a feminist as quickly as having daughters can.

Your two daughters must know to follow their dreams and not allow others to crush their dreams. They must push with much force to achieve their goals. They’ll never allow anyone to decide for them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!