Asking for a pay rise

Female Forum Forums Category Related Discussion Work & Careers Asking for a pay rise

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Squeezy 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Would you ever be brave enough to ask your boss for a pay rise? Maybe you do exactly the same job as your co worker and work twice as hard as she does yet she gets more pay than you.

Maybe you frequently do overtime and take work home with you, yet you don,t notice much of a difference in your pay packet.

Have you actually drafted a letter or an email to your boss stating exactly why you feel you deserve a pay rise, but you havn,t yet been brave enough to put it on his desk.

Or maybe you have worked with the same firm for many many years and feel that it,s about time you got a pay rise as reward for all your years of loyalty and hard work.

I have to say that when I worked for the NHS, the pay wasn,t actually bad atall, so I never felt the need to ask for a pay rise.

What about you, are you brave enough to ask for more?

I wouldn’t ask for a pay rise – the organisation that pays me has a set pay scale and no one can change that.

OH is pretty good at getting pay rises. He has been in his current job a year, and is good at what he does. (He basically turned the palce around when he started managing) so he asked for a pay rise and got 2.5k, with the promise that if he hit targets for the next 3 months it would be doubled. He’s not scared 😆

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!