Home » Topics » Category Related Discussion » Health & Diet » Bathing and showering during the warmer months

Bathing and showering during the warmer months

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I mean of course either giving them, taking them, both of them.

Whats up with that and is there anything we can do to stop it.

I for one I’m still not that crazy unless if I’m really need of one.  Or never got the concept of it/them.  Like today, when I took one when I first got up and got home my errands.  In which I do a combination nuke warm to warm water at first and switch to cold just before I’m finished it.

There is nothing like a cool shower in the heat. In really hot weather I like the shower on warm and steadily turn the hot off so is literally cold water by the end. That way it is not a sudden shock 😄

With a bath it isn’t so easy so cold dips are usually limited to outdoor swimming pools.

I shower daily and always have done so. I do soap my back, but when I go out I get a sweaty back again. Yes, it’s gross. Still, I wash every morning. Having a shower is heaven. I don’t bother so much with baths, however. I don’t like bathing. I get out more hot & sweaty than before I got in. Still, I will have a bath if I have to. Anyhow, I could not live without my daily shower.

You do know that soap encourages sweating?

You are killing off the natural fauna, so the sweat increase to try and encourage the regrowth of the fauna.

I hadn’t realized that, acherrystone. I will keep it in mind. It does make you think.

[quote quote=122724]You do know that soap encourages sweating? You are killing off the natural fauna, so the sweat increase to try and encourage the regrowth of the fauna. [/quote]
    so what should I use instead?

[quote quote=125448]

You do know that soap encourages sweating? You are killing off the natural fauna, so the sweat increase to try and encourage the regrowth of the fauna.

so what should I use instead? [/quote]

I usually moisturise all over, that way any dryness of my skin is countered. It seems to work for me, but I don’t tend to sweat too much anyway. It’s also one of the advantages of finishing with cooler water as that likely closes the pores. The moisturiser balances any imbalance of moisture.

When it’s warm I tend to shower both morning and evening and like you SpinningJen I am a great one for using moisturiser.

You could always use a moisturizing shower cream! Dove is great. It is best to be gentle with the skin but we’ve got plenty of products that do just that.

Nice and warm though and a hell of a tan.

[quote quote=125448]

You do know that soap encourages sweating? You are killing off the natural fauna, so the sweat increase to try and encourage the regrowth of the fauna.

so what should I use instead? [/quote]
    Using nothing works for me. I haven’t soaped for years now. Like wise I never use shampoo, just warm water. My greasy hair is a thing of the past, as is my occasional dandruff.

Obviously, if |I am stained I will soap it off. But how often does that happen, apart from hands?

When it gets very hot in summer I love a cool down shower of freezing cold water. Bliss! I have been on beaches in Greece and Lanzarote and just love a dip in the sea. That is heaven.

I love the warm sea, especially lying in the shallows with my bikini on and letting the waves roll over me.

I love the warm sea too! The North Sea near me is cold, even in summer so it’s not often I swim, although on a really hot day it is nice.

Ooooooh North Sea no thanks, Cornwall is much better. Another cold day shame I cannot wear socks with my work outfit, never mind Spring will soon be here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!