Befriending Guys

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rhonda333 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve been making friendships with guys since I reached my preteens and you can already guess it doesn’t always work well (some of them get interested in you, sexually), but I’m learning to say “no” and to put boundaries on our interactions. My main issue here is… Is there any way to prevent them to feel anything sexual towards you at all? How dangerous it is to a friendship by engaging in sexual behavior with a guy? Are there any precautions to take if you wanna get a little more sexual with the guy sometimes? How do you know if they are trustworthy enough?

That’s all!

You’re right to have boundaries. If a guy is going too fast, saying no is always the right choice. I don’t think there is anything you can do to stop a guy really liking you. As you’ve said, you just have to say no. As for whether the guy is trustworthy: do listen to the rumours. Sometimes there is truth to them. I realize that is a controversial comment, but people can be right with their talk. But every potential relationship carries risk: no one is 100% trustworthy. At least, I don’t think so. Just follow your gut. I do hope I’ve helped!

Hi and yes you should be careful there are a lot of sharks out there. I am happily married but do flirt sometimes at work, it depends on the guy if you do it to, the wrong one and he takes the flirting too far that can be embarrassing especially at office parties. I have been groped a bit on the dance floor but a firm no usually works.

In this day we have largely bypassed the traditional dating scene in favor of the hookup and speed dating. In the old days you got to sit across the table from a fellow, perhaps over dinner, and look into his eyes, experience his body language, and trade intimate details of your lives. If you were getting well, perhaps you would flirt- think the shoe dangle. But most important, there would be CONVERSATION and you would get to know each other. That made it much safer when you finally went out together and you can  invite intimacy if and when, YOU are ready for it.

1 member liked this post:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!