Breaking news

Female Forum Forums General Discussion In the News Breaking news

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  KitKatKitty 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Our prime minister, has announced there will be a general election on June 8th.

I’ll vote for her. She’s doing a great job so far.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4420886/Theresa-make-statement-Downing-Street-11-15.html

Labour are at an all time low so now is and ideal time to have and election for TM. It will give her more power at the Brexit negotiation table. I do wonder what Nicola Sturgeon will say about this as she was denied a vote on the scottish issue.

Well she is organised.

Labour are in dis-array. So is the Northern Ireland government. Nicola Sturgeon will be pushed to think about other things than independence.

It is a gamble, but maybe good odds for her. Let’s hope it is good for the country as, if she fails, both Brexit and our relationship with the EU will likely fail.

It will be a good time for the Scots to re-affirm any desire to independence by voting for Nicola’s party though. If she gets much reduced backing then maybe the referendum is not required, but conversly greater backing adds more weight to it.

I know there are anti tories but Theresa May seems a decent Prime Minister and in control. It is good for the country to have a female leader. I am uncertain as to where Labour is going. It seems a disorganized party with a lot of problems and disagreements. But we’ll see when the election is held as to who yields the power over Britain.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Get involved in this discussion! Log in or register now to have your say!